ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

p21, mothers, or meguairs

lots of discussion about this so i thought id start on big thread!!

right i currently have the meguiars 3 stage system..

1 cleaner, 2 glazer, 3 wax

now whats do i need to buy to get the equivalant in p21 or mothers???

in p21 ive seen the cleaner and the tub of wax, but wheres stage 2!! and mothers im just lost!!

help!

P21S middle stage should be Klasse stuff according to bettercarcare.com.

BRUN is going to try the Meguiars stuff.. instead of it tho as we cant get hold of Klasse in this country (or at least, I havnt found any).

I have Meguiars 3 Stage - does a mint mint job.. gunna get P21S stuff next tho.. (and then decide which middle stage to get..)

yeah same, i head you can get p21 from harley dealers etc or of that website....

as for the klassse i was reading up on it, yet to see if its avaliable in the uk. Could u not just use stage 2 of the meguiars crystal cleaner instead?

I have been using Meguiars recently and my latest batch arrived this AM:D

Havent been impressed with the scratch-x but the clay bar and non abrasive polish is fantastic.

Some of their carnauba wax polish has also arrived so I will be trying that as well.

To be honest though I doubt if you could tell the difference between any of the waxes though. A few cars including my own have been posted on here after polishing with Zymol or meguairs and they all look great

According to Autopia (www.autopia.org), Klassie All-In-One is very similiar to Autoglym Super Resin Polish. So it should do the same job.

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother with the Meguiars retail range, get the bodyshop stuff

Daz is right, when i get paid im gonna order #7 Show Car Glaze, and #16 Paste Wax, both of which come very very highly recommended from all the reviews and forum discussions ive read over the past few days

ive now come up with a new plan of action which will be as follows

Wash - Meguiars Gold Class
Paint Clean - Meguiars Medallion Paint Cleaner
Polish - Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze
Wax - Meguiars #16 Paste Wax
a polish in the Meguiars range is NOT like a normal polish, it has no abrasives at all, it has oils and stuff in it to replenish the paint with what it has naturally, the wax protects this layer and adds more shine

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

p21s is meguairs made and distributed by them :p

just to confuse u a little more :D

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 19 June 2004

p21s is meguairs made and distributed by them :p

just to confuse u a little more :D
I understood that P21S (and therefore probably S100 too) is made and distributed in America by a firm called BIS Smartparts.

I use S100/P21S wax and it gives a great deep shine and is very easy to apply, ufortunately it just isnt very durable. If you want a wax that you can leave more than 2/3 weeks before reapplying then P21S is NOT the wax for you.

Because of this I am now looking for a more durable carnuba wax that is also easy to apply. On the current short list is 1 Grand Blitz Wax, 3M Perfect-it Show car wax, Souveran Paste Wax, one of the Mothers carnuba waxes (although I believe they will be no more durable than the S100) or Meguiars #16 paste wax. Just need to read some more reviews before deciding and find suppliers in the UK!

[Edited by EightBall on 19 June 2004 at 10:37pm]