ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P21-s & any AG range?

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I've got some time off for a bit, and it's pay day soon, so wanna get the 182 (black gold) lookin good

I allready have some car shampoo, can't remeber the name, but any recomendations on that and i might think about changing, I know it is only a shampoo though and not a wax.

Annnyway, i will be cleaning, and AG SRP, and EGP, i want to P21 for that extra deep shine, but what i really want to know it will i miss out on anything without claying it? I have never clayed the car, but will it be waste of time doing the other bits if I don't?

Alos what cloths should I use to put the different products on, is P21s easy to use?

Also how good are quick detailers? And I use the Turtle Wax Wheel shine in a spray bottle at the moment, any good?

Cheers

Focus ST
From what you say, you've got everything you need.

You'll be impressed at the end. Especially after P21s, which I must say is a joy to use. Easy on easy off.

I use everything you've got plus I use the Meg Gold Car Wash. Which I have found to give a real good shine by itself.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Gweebs said:
From what you say, you've got everything you need.

You'll be impressed at the end. Especially after P21s, which I must say is a joy to use. Easy on easy off.

I use everything you've got plus I use the Meg Gold Car Wash. Which I have found to give a real good shine by itself.

me also and I agree.

al

ST on the way...
Claying isn't essential but you'll be able to tell the difference by the feel of the paint when you've done it.

The Meguirs foam pads are good for applying AG stuff, and some microfibre cloths are essential for removing.

Quick detailers are good for giving your car a spruce up after a couple of days, like if it's got a bit of dust on or if it's been rained on.

I've tried many types and found Meguiars, Mothers both excellent.. but P21-s is the best stuff I have ever used. I didnt take any pics after I used it, but photos wouldnt do it justice.The ease of applying it is just like spreading butter on, and a very small amount goes a long way with the pad provided in the tub. It doesnt leave any white residue and can even be used on the rubber bits around the glass etc. The results are the best I have seen, top marks from me. :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
after P21s : ( you can only imagine what it does to black )

Side.gif

.....and I would recommend some microfibre cloths as mentioned already, wouldnt use anything else.. leaves a perfect finish and protects from swirls.

Wow! Everyone on the site is so helpfull again!

Cool, well il set myself up with the p21-s and it comews with a pad you say? Cant wait to see what it looks like, i think i might have to get some new shampoo when this stuff runs out, and i dont think i will clay it this time, il save that for another day!

For someone like me, i wash my car evry 1-2 weeks in the summer, and in the winter, i dont wash it! Well sometimes! Does it matter what MF cloths you use? I mean could i get the cheap ones form Tesco/poundland/Market etc... etc.. or does it make a real difference? they all seem to have a slightly different texture?

I must get a waffle weave towel aswell, so i've been told!:eek:

Gweebs said:

same as above, use the gold class as well.. looks like its been freshly waxed again afterwards just with the wash!

al

ST on the way...
mwatts_tci said:
Does it matter what MF cloths you use? I mean could i get the cheap ones form Tesco/poundland/Market etc... etc.. or does it make a real difference? they all seem to have a slightly different texture?

I use the 99p Microfibre cloths from Tesco they are very soft, don't scratch and very cheap too!! They're near the bleach etc ;)

al - that slooks really wet and shiney! il aim at that kinda stanadard, doubt il get there though!

al

ST on the way...
To be fair I'd just had it PC'd but it always comes out like that (just that i've no recent decent shots)

106 GTi
^^^^ I think i may have just sex-wee'd a little bit

That is an amazing shine, what is the tire shine on that?

Can you later the EGP straight away after the previous layer, or do you have to wait for it to 'cure', how long to leave it to dry on the car? and how long before you can apply the P21-s?

Cheers

106 GTi
You can layer EGP staright away layer after layer but it should be left 12 hours between for the polymers to set up for maximum durability. Same time between topping it with p21s. I leave EGP 60 mins at least, P21s is wipe on wipe off.

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber on the Tyres.

Rich said:
You can layer EGP staright away layer after layer but it should be left 12 hours between for the polymers to set up for maximum durability. Same time between topping it with p21s. I leave EGP 60 mins at least, P21s is wipe on wipe off.

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber on the Tyres.

Cheers rich, thats twice you have answered the sme question for me!