ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint Correcting (General help req'd)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have some swirl marks on the Trophy and want it PC'ing.

I think it has been washed to death with a sponge tbh.....

Anyway, who in the NW does this? How much will I end up paying?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I saw that he advertises it on his profile. Hmmmm, I wanted to know before spending that it would remove swirls and all blemishes.....?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
JD's your boy for this...

100% correction is difficult. But it will be alot better!

Megane R26
You should be looking at £100ish for a part time enthusiast/pro, depending on products used.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yep, thats what i charge when i can be arsed. Full day with a PC is a ballache for me

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love it when peeps ask for a correction, and are expecting it for like £40 or something. Yeah thats right i'll work on your car all day for £40. Fail

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL!

Me and kev have done them before yes, trouble i have is i'm too much of a perfectionist :(

Megane R26
You got to love people that want it for next to nothing

Detailing gear to correct a car - £300

Years of experience and product knowledge - £Priceless

:)

Megane R26
Thats a bit light! £150min.

Depends on the experience levels though... the problem with someone who has just bought a G220, removed a swirl and then starts charging for their professional service, is that they normally have no clue of how much paint they are removing.

As said before, you only have so much clear, so get a rookie with some Power Gloss and you probably won't have much left.

So the £100 is for the pending respray :)

I think you're right though - £150 for proper correct and refine, as a minimum.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Definitely speak to JD Jamie, he's well respected when it comes to this and a gent also.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My 1 day correction is 150. That included, Washing, claying, Compounding, Refining, Sealing and waxing. I limit myself to cars in good nick where one hit per panel is enough!!! Seeing a car before hand is absolutely critical, i won't touch a car without seein it first.

That said i'm doing my pals BM this weekend for nowt! Arn't i nice!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ali you'd have heart failure if you seen my swirl bus, thus why i now own a DAS-6

Not a 320d
yep, thats what i charge when i can be arsed. Full day with a PC is a ballache for me

I just spent the full weekend polishing my mates mum's 57 335i. Looked insane when it was finished tho. Paintwork was in a right state, we didnt clay it as the post didnt tun up until 4 days after we made the order for some, and my mate was out when it came. Pads were fucked and i mushroomed about 3 of them.

I didnt get paid - but i did get a bed for friday/saturday night and i got fed which is awsome.