ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

paint spray or power coating?

clio 172
Which method is better for colouring my wheels

paint spray from a can

power coating

or any other suggestions?

White Sti Hatch
im sure you have to get powdercoating done at a bodyshop/sprayers as the paints baked on

Jag Mondeo -Type
Yeah you can't powder coat yourself. needs doing professionally, but shpuld last far far longer than paint, and shouldnt chip. Think you can get most colours as far as i know. Best to phone a place and ask for some info though dude

And dont use normal filler if your doing a DIY refurb as Im sure powder coating relies on the objects conducting electricity. But you can get conductive composites that you could use!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
^^ Yeah, powder coat only sticks to conductive material. You can get nearly any colour.

clio 172
so if powder coating relise on conductive material, how can i get the centre caps done in the same colour. There plastic

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
so if powder coating relise on conductive material, how can i get the centre caps done in the same colour. There plastic

Thats the problem you cant:( ...but you can buy a spray from Halrauds and try and match it;)

106 GTi
I dont like the finish you get from powder coated wheels, normal basecoat and laquered sprayed on gives a much nicer finish and gloss.