ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting door cards - HELP!!!

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Just got my doorcards out as intend painting the panels in the car black and red bit by bit. After ripping out the doorcard cloth insert, ive found about 4 big blobbs of card left on there, with the original bonding stuff underneath.

My question is, how the hell do i get this bonded stuff off the doorcard? I cant paint it with it on. Ive tried scraping it and stuff, but it just wont budge, its absolutely rock hard!

Cheers guys,

Al

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

I ended up just leaving it there and didnt bother spraying that part coz its getting covered with red leather anyway.

That folia tec spray stuff is really good.

Took me a good 1 1/2 hours to do a single door card, but the finish is like its come out the factory black. I recommend doing it to colour code your interior. Doin mine all out in black and red.

Al

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Wont have pics available for a while. Havent got a digital camera, and havent worked out how to send it on my phone yet! I need to do the rest first before i show anyone!

Plan on painting every part of the door card black, except the storage bit at the bottom. Thatll be done in red to match the car, along with the insert being done in a red leather to match. Then ill have my richbrook flashy door pins in red!!! Should look subtle but good! Subtle is my thing - dont like OTT.

I would say definitely do it though, i can already tell its gonna make such a difference. Id use that folia tec stuff too.

Basically i cleaned all the crap off it first, then wiped it all down with thinners to get rid of any silicone and excess crap.

Gave it a good coat of the folia tec plastic primer.

Left it for 10 minutes to go tacky, then gave a light covering coat of black folia tec spray. Dont try to put too much on or itll run & give a rubbish finish.

Gave it 3 coats in total waiting 10 minutes between each.

Left to dry for 1/2 hour then gave 3 coats of folia tec sealer spray, again leaving 10 minutes between coats.

Did all that just to make sure. It really was worth it though as the end result is brilliant. I can scrape my nails over the surface and nothing comes off!

Ill get some pics up when the cars done (about a month), coz all the interior should be sorted except the re-trim.

Hope this helps,

Al

Cool cheers for the tips was planning to do mine wiht the folia tec stuff, exactly same as urs, but silver where urs is red.