ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panasonic VT65 - any owners on here?

Mini JCW
As per the title really. I'm considering purchasing the 55" version of this TV which seems to be the best panel on sale right now. Blows even the best edge lit LCD panel out of the water in terms of black levels and motion capturing - along with achieving AV forums 'reference status'

Not had chance to view this set in person, so any owners on here who can back up the overwhelmingly positive critics reception?

(Link to AVforums and Whathifi reviews for those interested) :

http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-p55vt65b

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-VT65-VT60-TX-P55VT65B-P50VT65B-P65VT65B-3D-Plasma-TV-Review_518/Review.html

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've got the VT50, brilliant TV.

You'll learn more on AVForums than you will here so check out the owner threads over there.

Best TV in its class.

Mini JCW
I've got the VT50, brilliant TV. You'll learn more on AVForums than you will here so check out the owner threads over there. Best TV in its class.

Yeah i've already trawled through the owners threads for both this and the ZT60 (more than I can justify to spend). Seems overwhelmingly positive, and the blacks seem on par with or superior to the last gen Kuro sets!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yeah i've already trawled through the owners threads for both this and the ZT60 (more than I can justify to spend). Seems overwhelmingly positive, and the blacks seem on par with or superior to the last gen Kuro sets!

Go for it mate, it's the best TV out there (in its price range).

Just look out for any issues discussed in the owners thread, only you can decide if they're deal breakers :)

Mini JCW
Go for it mate, it's the best TV out there (in its price range).

Just look out for any issues discussed in the owners thread, only you can decide if they're deal breakers :)

The only real issue seems to be the fans can be a touch noisy (though the ones on my current Panasonic plasma are whisper quiet!) and the obvious electricity consumption compared to edge lit LCDs.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The only real issue seems to be the fans can be a touch noisy (though the ones on my current Panasonic plasma are whisper quiet!) and the obvious electricity consumption compared to edge lit LCDs.

Perfect, get it bought mate!

f**k plasma. Noisy fans and buzzing whites.

Been there and done it. Prefer edge lit LCD now, despite the uniformity compromise.

Mini JCW
And phosphor trails and image retention. Lol at motion handling and blacks. Have you used a modern LCD?

From what i've seen / read even the best edge lit displays can't muster the black levels the GT / VT sets can. There's a reason it's gained reference status.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Got the VT50 55" and I can not fault it.. Simply perfect. DO IT ! LCD is ok, but for the best picture quality.. plasma every time. Will see you find until OLED becomes affordable.

It does have a fan, which you can hear if you mute the tv.. then squint your head sideways over the top of it and hold your breath... but I usually sit on the couch 12 feet away when I watch TV so it doesn't affect me ;)