ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panel or induction...

OK, the 1st thing Im modding with my car is the Air filter.
Which one is best...panel or induction..???
Cheers
Steve

Skoda Fabia vRS

on a Clio 16v id go panel

but, if you can create a decent enough heat shield and cold air feed you could use an induction kit

Williams 2, STi N12

Just whip off the standard crap black box, stick in a new filter thats open to the elements (K&N..etc) and then try to rig up a new cold air feed. I took a blanking panel out of my willy front bumper next to the n/s fog light and attached a cold air feed from there, works a treat. Probably haver to get a new zorst to reep the benefits though.

BMW 320d Sport

Dont dump the airbox. No induction kit will give you a benefit unless all you want is noise, even with a cold air feed.

Put a performance element in the airbox or get a BMC carbon airbox. a Viper might fit but its a bit pricy.

If you have to have an induction kit get the Hill Power one, the best in the biz.

Renault Laguna Coupe

I was thinking of getting a performance element. Is there really any point? Only other significant mod is a Magnex cat back system. I dont expect to feel a benefit from any one particular mod, but its nice to think youre at least going in the right direction and that they might all add up to something one day!