ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parcel Install

1.2 clio expression
Hey,
Just wondering about a 6x9 install for my parcel shelf!

Me and my mate bena re going to have a crack at it 2mora as hes my audio b*tch and is ood at the wiring!
Do I have to reinforce the shelf with mdf? is it reall a necessity? and if you do can you just jig the holes int he mdf, then the parcel shlf then stick em 2geva?
Or shoudlnt I drill the holes int he parcel shelf and just leave enough room for the speakers to move?

Any advice would be much apreciated

Thanks

Ryan

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Any advice would be much apreciated

Thanks

Ryan

Dont bother with 6x9's would be my advice, get a set of decent comps instead.

But if you MUST have have 6x9's then I would support the shelf with some MDF or it will probably sag over time.

1.2 clio expression
O and what would you reccomend to do with the wiring, I thouhg run it throuhg the carpets and side panels as best I can! Anybody any good with these things? Im in need of help!

Clive the Clio no. 2
From parts i understood in those paragraphs (I hate text talk!), im guessing that you want 6x9s hidden in the shelf? so others cant see them?

What i did is cut holes in the shelf for the 6x9s, then i mounted them underneath the parcel shelf then i covered the parcel shelf with acoustic carpet. you can see the 6x9s but they are not noticable therefore you dont advertise your car being broken into.

saves the hassle with the mdf e.t.c.

i get a good sound from mine, just cant have them too high because the 6x9 bounces off the underneath of the parcel shelf.

Hope that helps a little.

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
why not make a stealth shelf?

get out your mdf, use your parcel shelf as a template and cut to size, jig out your 6x9 holes but screw your speakers underneath the mdf, then just get some more clothy, felty stuff, n stretch it over all of it and staple underneath.
all the sound, less chavness!

Clive the Clio no. 2
O and what would you reccomend to do with the wiring, I thouhg run it throuhg the carpets and side panels as best I can! Anybody any good with these things? Im in need of help!

Pop off the back speaker grill and disconnect the back speakers and use that wire to run through the door cards and pull out the wires from the boot card things, (the bit where the parcel shelf sits)

dont really need back speakers when you have 6x9s

1.2 clio expression
Hey, thanks for all the great responses! I recon Il put the wiring in through the back as suggested! And Il end up using the MDF to reinforce! Im going to cut it later then spray it in prep for 2morrow because I havnt got anymore carpet stuff, so Itl have to stay black MDF underneith for a little bit witht he speaker covers coming through until I cover it!

Thanks again guys

1.2 clio expression
Well Ive got some 6x9s but ive also got some round ones which a mate gave me, I might dig those out and ut them in instead, there 120w max, not a very well known make, yet he says they sounded good, hes just put some new sonys in his so he gave them me as a freebie, still work as I hooked them up and tried them in his, but yeah, seeing as everyones saying go round...I will:)