ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Part of wheel arch liner has come off - advice please?

Octavia VRS
Was walking up to the passenger side of the car earlier this evening to find that the bottom part of the front wheel arch liner on the inside of the arch has came off. Is this easy to replace? Looks like it is formed of a number of parts that look bolted on possibly?

Anyone know where to get it from? Car is going in for a 60k service next week so they should be able to source the part and fit it ok?

Thanks for any advice/tips

(Will try and post a pic of it tomorrow)

Yep easy to replace only a few quid for dealers (say £15) are you sure its fallen off? Might just be a clip has come loose.

Octavia VRS
Thanks Edde, it looks like a bottom part has sheered right off. I'm sure it was there on Sunday! I'll take a pic tonight and show you what I mean.

The Beast MK4
Thats a beehatch mate, mines in for its 60k today, 3k overdue due to college e.t.c. Got knocking from the front as well so thats not entirely good either. :(

Ah the joys of Renault ownership

Octavia VRS
Lol I know what you mean Jon! I'm booking mine in for a 60k service next Monday as off work, I'm a few hundred over.

Also, there seems to be a burning smell coming from somewhere recently (gotta be brakes I would imagine?) and the driver's side bump strip seems loose. :(

Did you get the rust on the arch seen to mate?

The Beast MK4
Im going to contact Reno about the rust first to see if they will do it under the 8 year corrosion warrenty. Im right smack bang on the button so it'll be touch and go plus they won't be too happy to do something for free as per usual. Otherwise it'll have to wait a wee while while I gather funds again.

Burning smell could be a caliper seized on or pads down to the bone?

Octavia VRS
Hope you get it sorted buddy. Got new brakes/pads in September/October when I got the Eibachs fitted so they should still be fine I would hope anyway. Booked in for next Monday to get the service and the arch liner sorted :)

BMW Z4 3.0i
I had my passenger side come off and wear away on my tyre. After my shift at work I couldn't be bothered replacing it myself. I think Renault charged £25 for the part and another £25 to fit.