ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Partly moved on from clios..

Not really put anything on here for ages, so here goes...

I was going to scrap my MOT failure RT, and was devostated about it but my valver was nearly road worthy and i would have a lot of trouble trying to sell it and i coulddnt be arsed with the hassle tbh..

DSC01224.jpg

But after a drunken conversation with some lad i vaugely knew, he decided he wanted to buy it! so that got sold..

my valver was very very nearly roadworthy and looked like this the last time i touched it:

P1333_06-08-10-1.jpg

P133402_06-08-10-1.jpg

P133401_06-08-10-1.jpg

But the day before it was booked in for its mot i started it, took it round my cul-de-sac to see if it was ok, pulled onto my drive and got out, revved the engine from the engine bay and there was a massive squeak... turned it off and assumed it was the aux belt but when i tried starting it again it made a literally undescribable noise... like a metallic/slipping/metal catching noise... and i havnt touched it since due to fear of it being the worst (has kent pullies in...)

So after that i was driving round in my sisters 207 diesel (which LOVES to go sideways haha) but i have now got a job in Birmingham so i needed a car to get down there and back on the weekends.

I had about £1500 to play with and looked at everything, compared everything, put off commiting for about 2 weeks but i was starting on the monday and this was the saturday before...
Now i went to see a car i had no intention of buying a week before, i was just curious what i could get for my money, and i went to see it and really liked it. The car was so far away from the clio world though i put it down to being too grown up as i love to throw the clios rouns the twisties. The problem was every car i went to see after i seen this one i was comparing too it and nothing measured up...

Soo... i went back and bought it :)

P1628_02-09-10.jpg

P164301_15-09-10-1.jpg

P1643_15-09-10-1.jpg

P1745_11-09-10-1.jpg

P162801_02-09-10.jpg

P174601_11-09-10-1.jpg

Near immediate plans are:

Spacers
Light smoke window tints - maybe (Dont wanna look like a G haha)
Woulddnt mind lowering it more but dont want to ruin comfort
Maybe wheel refurb in anthrecite (sp?)
Replace the wooden bits in the interior for the brushed aluminium set or the dark graphite set

it has on it the AC Schnitzer front splitter, AC Wing mirrors, M5 rear lip spoiler, the updated rear lights, the shadowline trim (the non chrome bits) and a couple of other bits and pieces

overall i am happy with it, very comfy and i think it looks alrite! (not the biggest fan of the 5-series but i liked the look of this!)

Sorry for the essay! haha

Nick.

PS: im living in birmingham now (well out of a hotel for now untill i find a flat) anyone from around here and reccomend me some s**t to do? any car stuff happen, meets etc? anyone BMX or skate reccommend me some parks round here? (the bmx fits in the boot haha)

Mk5 golf gti
Nice if i was older i would have one

is this the 528 then?

Did you have to pay more than 1500? alot of car for that budget

the 2.5 litre 523 unfortunately :( could do with that little bit more power. specs state 8 secs to 60 though, which isnt so bad!

1550 i ended up paying! im only 23..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I trust you removed thos ghastly ACS badges as soon as he gave you the keys??

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i wouldnt mind a 525d Msport next but the new shape seen some really nice ones for 12k

i have no idea about the ACS badges, diddnt know if they were factory or not! im guessing not haha.

yeahh ali, the wood will be going for either the brished aluminium or the graphite trim

would'nt mind some spacers and a bit of a drop on it tbh, maybe when funds allow some decent slightly bigger wheels!

Cheers
Nick.

P1648_21-09-10-1.jpg

From memory those Schnitzer badges are ridiculously expensive to buy new, something like £120 each? If I am right fleabay them, obviously if you do decide to remove them.