ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts compatibility

Saxo - rebuildin mk1 clio
MK1 Parts compatibility

Hi, im new to clios so sorry if this is a silly question, i have the shell of a k reg mk 1 and am going to buy a second mk1 clio to take all the parts off and build my shell up. Can i use all the major parts (Engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes etc) Of a later mk1 i.e a phase 3? Im thinking the newer ones will probly have less milage and be all round cleaner and better equipped.

Thanks

Shell

Last edited:
Unless you're swapping teh car loom as well you're best off getting an engine of the same phase or you can potentially run inot all sorts of problems.

Would it not bea easier just to buy a complete clio, plenty of the smaller engined ones knocking about for next to nothing.....just doesn't seem worth the hassle tbh......not like its a highly tuned up hybrid or anything?

Saxo - rebuildin mk1 clio
yeah il be swapping the looms over aswell, the reason im doing it this way is that there is a wide arch bodykit blended to the shell ive got and its been resprayed etc. Im keeping it as a 1.4 (the original engine size) but would the 1.4 engine out of the ph3 physically bolt straight in? Im guessing they are pretty much the same engine with a few differences.