ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passed MOT but....

Abarth 500 Essesse
I have an advisory list the size of my arm!!

The robbing barstewards at Renault priced it all up for me, so if anyone could advise of more reasonable prices it would be appreciated. Car is an 05 182.

The list is as follows inc fitting and VAT:

NS Inner CV Boot: £349.96
NSF Top Stut Mount: £ 160.76
Headlight Washers: £109.80
Sump Gasket Leaking Oil: £347.50

And 2 new rear tyres.

:cool:

PH1 172 Sport
Are they having a tin bath!!

CV boot I would have thought would be around £70 at a normal garage.
I'm not sure about the top strut mount.
Headlight washers should be just the price of the part as I think they are dead easy to do.
How bad is the oil leak?

Abarth 500 Essesse
Yeh i nearlly collapsed lol, they said slight oil leak, whatever that is supposed to mean, i haven't noticed any drop in oil level to worry about and no sign of any oil in my usual parking space.

They claim the CV boot is an expensive part, I was expecting this to be mentioned, they claim the sump gasket is a 3 hour job, no doubt the headlight jet is an hours labour as its bumper off (I know the part is 11 quid), top strut mount well dont think that takes very long, think the part is about 140? maybe.

PH1 172 Sport
I would leave the oil leak unless your going through loads of oil. Most of them seem to seep a bit of oil.
If your half handy with a spanner you could probably do all the jobs yourself.
I'm pretty sure the cv boots arn't very expensive.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Can you not get the boot without the whole shaft though Fred?

Since they are advisory they dont all need doing immediately anyways, just wondered how far out there prices were? Might just learn to use a spanner if these things aren't too difficult to fix. Pretty sure i'd work out how to get the bumper off, etc.

Lionel Richie
of course, but this is a main dealer we're on about here, hence they don't c**k about, in/out easiest solution

to give you an idea off the top of my head i'd charge between £300-£400 all in inc parts to sort EVERYTHING