ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger window smashed and stereo pinched

Ph2 Flamer
Parked in a supposedly 24 hour manned NCP on Saturday in Southwark and some scum bag did my car and the two next to it. No security/parking guy anywhere to be seen and paid £18 for the privilege of having parked my car there. May as well have left it in the f**king street.

I'm going to replace the passenger side front window myself rather than pay Autoglass £75. Had to do the driver side regulator last year and popped the window out for a clean while I was doing that so have got all the bits to do it.

The question I've got is - is the window glass in a front passenger door the same size/shape in the 3 and 5 door models (mk2 2000 plate)? Can't find a 3 door window on ebay but there are loads of 5 door windows. I'm guessing they are different?? Am waiting for some quotes from one of those spare parts sites. Failing that I'll have to head down the local breakers with my torx set and find a mk2 to canibalise.

Found a Sonichi S7000-DVD/CD Player on halfords for £50 which is better and cheaper than the head unit they nicked so it's not all bad I guess. Still would rather NCP had just had someone on duty like they say they do. Might have made the difference.

DCi 100
From a kinda common sense but not certain guess; The 3 door will have longer front doors. Can measure mine tomorrow if you want?

Jap Box
Sounds s**t :( if you can make it down Carmarthen way in the next few days ive got a 3dr PH1 here thats going to be scrapped, you can have the window from that for free aslong as your willing to tak it out yourself.

Ph2 Flamer
Cheers fella, managed to source a window on parts gateway for £20 so it's all good. Thanks for the offer though.

Glad I didn't take a punt on a 5 door window!! That would have been a frustrating exercise.

CCTV covering the enterance I think but still waiting for the cops to call me back and I guess they'll take it up with NCP. Have complained to NCP about their non existant security guy though.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i would have a serious moad at NCP,

if theyre advertising it as 24/7 manned,
then you paid for a service you didnt recieve,
and because of them neglecting to provide said service, you've incurred losses!!

and tbh, they should cover it! or if you have a moan, they may put some money toward it! lol

ive got glass if you fancy driving to southend-on-sea!

wouldnt really fancy posting it! unless you can find a way to do it guarenteeing it wont break lol

hope you get it sorted!! proper shite situation to be in!

Ph2 Flamer
Way hey the cops rang today at long last and: one of the two other cars near mine which also got done was only a police decoy/entrapment car. The scum bag stole a sat nav with a tracker in it so they just tracked him back to his place, went round his place and arrested the sod and he still had my head unit (would be more of a result if I hadn'd already bought a new one on ebay but that's ok). Hats off to the boys in blue.

Apparently the theif has a wrap sheet as long as your arm and is already back in the slammer, this time for a long stretch because of his prior form. I've just got to do a statement to say the head unit was mine etc and they will add that to the charge and I don't even have to go to court.
The copper who ran me said that car park has been getting done over all the time since this scummer got out of jail 5 months ago and he's pretty much been a one man crime wave. He also said they never man it 24 hrs and he's been down there a few times taking statements, so that's some ammo for the complaint against NCP.

Changed the window out myself on saturday too which was a doddle although the damn regulator is knackered but it's just a clip so can probably bodge a fix there too.

Thats amazing! What a satisfying feeling that must be ha. Glad they got him.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a year ago, but no such luck in getting my headunit back :(

Ph2 Flamer
Yeah fair play to the cops that's some good work. Doesn't change the fact the window and now the regulator needed mending but there is a certain satisfaction the bugger is in a cold cell hopefully with some huge bloke making his life unpleasant