ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paul's Fiesta ST Project thread

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have seen the pictures I put up recently of my Fiesta ST but I thought I best start a progress thread for it.

Ill start with a picture of my old clio:

6660199765_c5daafeae1_z.jpg

5994792300_226d402e31_b by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

I had the clio for 14 months and loved it but a couple of things started to go wrong so I thought I would treat myself to something different before chasing problems, I was supposed to buy something a bit bigger so I was looking at the mk7 zetec s fiestas however we spotted this on autotrader and went to have a look, drove it and ended up purchasing it.

The specs are as follows:

2007 07 plate
36k on the clock
Full leather interior with heated seats option
heated front screen (Very handy)
Aux input for radio

A few pics when I picked it up:

6539248661_ab1fdca71c_z.jpg

front shot by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6539213157_9b94f4075b_z.jpg

rear of ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6539198759_14f8cb4765_z.jpg

Puddle reflection ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6539226141_67e9722304_z.jpg

Dash board ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The first thing I did was removed the 'FIESTA' badge on the back and fitted DMB overlays in carbon effect and chrome

Rear before:

6539265155_f49d53b8f7_z.jpg

Rear of ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

After:

6660113609_812c4c36cb_z.jpg

Debadged by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

Front badge after overlay fitted:

6660122529_99017d754e_z.jpg

Badge by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

A few of the ford people on here may know chris from blackpool who does a lot of spraying for people, I live about 5 mins away from him so thought it would be rude not to look at some of his bits, I ended up buying a gloss black dash centre:

6660200399_5fa2c4f525.jpg

fascia by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

Before fitting:

6660118745_bc26a49630_z.jpg

Interior before by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

During fitting:

6660483817_1536a7a7fa_z.jpg

IMG00167-20120107-1010 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

We ran into some difficulty while fitting it as someone had previously bent the little catches that the stereo removal keys latch onto so we couldn't use them, however chris persevered and he eventually managed to get it out.
I would reccomend him to anyone wanting any ford parts doing, was a spot on guy and a great help so thanks chris.

After fitting:

6660104231_05c635c310_z.jpg

Black dash by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6660109309_c3b52773ac_z.jpg

Interior by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

It looks a bit funny at the minute with the stereo being grey but I will be buying a fascia soon to put in my alpine one so I will spray that in panther black before putting it in so it matches nicely.

This is where im up to for now but I will keep this up to date

Thanks

Paul :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I agree. I'm not sure the piano black look is going to work. Will keep looking at the progress though, I could be wrong.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
It's not as in your face in person I think the flash on the camera has made it a bit worse than it is, but I understand what your saying

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
nice car, was in a standard one last night.

the first time i was in it it felt crap and slow but must have been his driving the first time because it does feel like an awesome little car.

he genuinley hates it though coming from a vectra vxr to it was a big down step but he needed to save money.

any plans for it?

Titanium 182
ST was my second choice to clio 182, so will enjoy this project!
I live in blackpool too, north shore area, will give you a beep if I see you!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
nice car, was in a standard one last night.

the first time i was in it it felt crap and slow but must have been his driving the first time because it does feel like an awesome little car.

he genuinley hates it though coming from a vectra vxr to it was a big down step but he needed to save money.

any plans for it?

Pretty much just get it as tidy as I can and enjoy it, I won't be doing anything too wild as I'll have to get something bigger at some point.

Nice to see this one has lasted! We'll have to get a little meet organised when the weather gets better.

lol! I didn't want to drive it for 2 days just so it made it past the other one haha, I'm up for that deffinatley!

ST was my second choice to clio 182, so will enjoy this project!
I live in blackpool too, north shore area, will give you a beep if I see you!

Awesome! I'm only up in cleveleys but work in warbreck so I guess you'll see me about! your 182 looks tidy too!

Titanium 182
cheers mate, pretty annoyed that I cant drive it until tommorrow (tax) only had it a day :(
you planning any performance mods on the st?

TTRS & V50
Ruined.

I don't like these 'cheap' mods, they are ironically cheap.

The stereo now looks silly.

Anyway, looks mint in the first few pictures.

6k ?

Mk1 Focus RS
looks nice mate! i wanted either a ST or a 182 but went with a 182, would defiantly of had one is this colour tho.

if it was mine id look at some breathing mods....with a air filter and better exhaust ive heard there a tottally different car!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Love it, big fan of the ST Fiesta's.

The gearbox is on a par with Honda's Civic, i'd say. My brother had a 190bhp one, my only gripe is the size of the wheels, 16's would have been perfect.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate, pretty annoyed that I cant drive it until tommorrow (tax) only had it a day :(
you planning any performance mods on the st?

Gutted, at least with me taking so long to reply you'll now be in your 182!

Ruined.

I don't like these 'cheap' mods, they are ironically cheap.

The stereo now looks silly.

Anyway, looks mint in the first few pictures.

6k ?

Thanks for the comments, if the 6k refers to what you think I paid your no way near, was a bit of a billy bargain tbh

looks nice mate! i wanted either a ST or a 182 but went with a 182, would defiantly of had one is this colour tho.

if it was mine id look at some breathing mods....with a air filter and better exhaust ive heard there a tottally different car!

Ive heard that that does transform them however I'm not really one to spend a lot of money on my cars I always end up getting rid quickly so it's wasted money, but if I keep it I'll deffinatley go down the breathing mods route.

Love it, big fan of the ST Fiesta's.

The gearbox is on a par with Honda's Civic, i'd say. My brother had a 190bhp one, my only gripe is the size of the wheels, 16's would have been perfect.

They do look so much better on 16's and lowered a bit and from what I've read they drive much better too. The gearbox is a bit of a peach!

I like the MK6 Fiestas nice little cars.

Sorry the piano black doesn't work for looks abit tacky. Nice car though.

Insignia SRi
Like the look of these, especially in red.

Colarado Red is full of win ;)

Looks nice, not sure on the piano black stuff but it may grow on me, should def de-tango the front, its a right pain but worth it, smartens up the front loads.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I would consolidate the last few posts about the ST into my original thread to keep it going.

From the detail recently completed:

Well after seeing Gallys write up on the focus st detail I decided to get off my arse this weekend and crack on with mine,

When I first bought the car the paint was in a right state and its taken me 7 months to finally tackle it.

before:

7362071430_a638f66892_z.jpg

side before by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

There wasn't really much depth or 'sparkle' to the paint

The car was then foamed with megs hyper wash with some poor boys wash 'n' wax.

7176891271_d25a95b898_z.jpg

Foamed by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The picture below is after being washed, de-tarred and clayed, note the state of the paint around where the sun hits the car:

7176865491_dc99f1d20d_z.jpg

Paint condition by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

I then got bored of taking during pictures so just cracked on so here are the final finished shots:

After side by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7362130400_5fb8fd892a_z.jpg

after rear by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7176912645_1b3bf38749_z.jpg

after rear shot by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

after front by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7176860029_0ecbd6346f_z.jpg

rear quater 2 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

My Favourite shot:

7362097110_82aed21889_z.jpg

long shot by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The interior was then cleaned, hoovered and the leather seats treated:

7362101850_b560b5e97f_z.jpg

Interior by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

cleaned seats by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Paul

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
This weekend I took a trip down to somerset (frome to be exact) to stay with some family.

Ill start by saying the ST isn't the best motorway cruiser, the seats are great right up until you hit around 3 hours in them then you ache.... a lot but maybe thats down to me being about 6' 4.

On the trip down I averaged 42 mpg cruising at 65mph pretty much the whole way then a couple of blasts on some country roads which I was pretty shocked and impressed at to be honest, however on the way back the speed was upped to 70 and the average dropped to 38 so I assume its mid 30's to average at that from the 42 (sorry if that made no sense)

Anyway took a couple of pics down in cheddar gorge:

8136309279_4d98a419aa_z.jpg

IMG_0838 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

IMG_0837 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

IMG_0833 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

IMG_0828 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

A pretty poor drive by one off my phone, but I quite like it:

548307_10151137735468208_112693674_n.jpg

M2 Comp
I do like these, aren't they meant to be under powered though?

They aren't as fast as a Clio Sport, be it a 1*2 or a 197/200, but they are still quick enough to have a bit of fun :)

It's easy to extract power from the engines though, just a filter and exhaust can see 15/20bhp over standard!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
They aren't as fast as a Clio Sport, be it a 1*2 or a 197/200, but they are still quick enough to have a bit of fun :)

It's easy to extract power from the engines though, just a filter and exhaust can see 15/20bhp over standard!

Fiesta ST's are brilliant :) yours looks nice, I have all the side and over the top stripes on mine, think yours would look great with the side stripes on

Suzuki Jimny
There's one of these I often see near my work, sounds like a rally car. Would love a go in one.