ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paul's French Fancy - Ph1 172

Ph1 172
Thought it was about time i posted up some picture of my newly acquired Clio 172. Had the car about 4 weeks. this is my first french car, i've always been into VW's so looked at mk4 Golf's Pissrats etc But they did nothing for me. I've had a couple of mk2 Golf's in the past. But I'm not sure if its because i'm a little older but just wanted something a little more refined.

Some facts about the 172
full service history, mainly carried out at Renault and Rentech in Portsmouth
81k 6 months mot and tax till end of December
few little extra like the ph2 rear lights
K-tec s/s exhuast system
some "expensive" mats, which the last owner was raving about lol

as with any old car there are a few problems, the handbrake snapped this week, brakes need replacing all round, steering wheel is fooked, exhuast bangs like a c**t and the bonnet is a little rusty. Plans are to first get it up to scratch, new brakes bonnet etc Then maybe lower it a tad nothing major and just generally improve on what renault failed to do.

Couple of pics of car, sorry for the crapy phone pics, will get some better ones after i've washed the car.

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

First thing was to sort out the exhaust, which was banging on the rear chassis rails, pic of 'fix' so far seems to working :cool:

IMAG0026.jpg

Then replace the horrid steering wheel with a Momo Corse brand new from ebay some total 40 quid posted :rasp:

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

Cheers for looking and any comments welcome

Paul

Ph1 172
De wipered the rear today :cool: and gave it a much needed wash. Doesn't look to bad for a quick once over :eek:

wipermod1.jpg

Grommet used from this

wipermod2.jpg

few pics after a clean

up1.jpg

up2.jpg

up4.jpg

up5.jpg

up3.jpg

up6.jpg

Last edited:
  Stagecoach Ticket
Do look so much better standard/standardish

Not a massive fan off mine though think i maybe looking towards going to the jap scene :(

Ph1 172
Arghhh centre exhaust mount bolt snapped :( Time for a little bit of drill action. I seem to be using my drill way to much on my Clio, drill fetish anyone?

Rear mount went on sweet as a nut, so now i need to go a borrow my dads ramps and hopefully that will get the car high enough for me to get under a drill the sucker out.