ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paxo bargain for someone

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1415370.htm

Arthur Daleys maw said:
This car was bought for #2300 in august this year and was in superb condition. It has 74750 miles on the clock and has a full HPI report from august.
Unfortunately, an old dear drove into the side of me while I was minding my own business going round a roundabout in mid november.
The car is in limited edition two tone silver and grey, is lowered 60mm all round and has a Piper fast road cam with de-cat manifold.
The car had loads more goodies but I bought an identical car while waiting for the insurance to pay out and have taken most of the stuff off to put on the new car (alloys, s/s exhaust, induction kit, modded bonnet, tinted side windows, full leather interior, ICE and private plate).
The car is now on standard alloys with new tyres, standard interior, standard exhaust system with de-cat manifold. It has a tinted rear window and factory sun-roof. It comes with both keys and remote central locking fob and is mot'd until 22/02/10.
This car was written off due to the ridiculously inflated quote from the "authorised' accident repairer. I have the assessors report which values the car at #2200 pre-accident but it was deemed to be beyond economic repair.
The damage is a slight dent above the nearside rear wheel arch (no paint damage), damaged nearside front wing (see photo, needs replacing but dead cheap on ebay) and the nearside front suspension needs checking over. included in the sale is the front suspension coils and struts taken off the new car, so any repair may need new driveshaft (#95 ebay) and wishbone (#35 ebay) at worst.
This car will make a fantastic VTR for somebody on a limited budget who can spend a few quid restoring it to it's pre-accident condition. As mentioned, all necessary parts are available cheaply on ebay, I would reckon on about #150 tops for wing, driveshaft (if required) and wishbone (if required).
I would do it myself but don't have the time or space as I have already replaced the car.
My new car is also available for inspection in order to verify the items I have swapped over, any questions feel free to e-mail or phone.
Update posted 3/1/10:- I have had countless calls and e-mails since posting this ad so to answer the main issues raised, firstly the car was written off on a cat D basis but is not recorded as such as neither the car or the V5 ever left my possession as it was a third party claim against the other drivers insurance, so the vehicle will show up clear on HPI. Secondly the car is driveable but I have not had it above 30mph cos the tracking is off, so I would not recommend going straight onto the motorway in it but there is a Kwikfit locally so my advice would be to go there first or use your breakdown cover to recover it to your home address. Thirdly, the car is currently SORN and is not insured as it has been replaced with a new Saxo, so I am not in a position to drive half way to anywhere, if all these issues were rectified then I would be selling the car for a lot more than 750 quid!!
Finally, the damage to the wing that you can see in the pics is the worst damage. There is a slight scuff to the leading edge of the plastic wheel arch trim as it came off and was trailing on the road for a short distance and it now requires a few new clips which cost 10p from Citroen and there is a slight dent above the rear passenger side wheel arch which would be an easy repair for any dent man. As for suspension damage that is the unknown aspect and is the main reason why the car is so cheap.
STILL A BARGAIN at #750. Thanks for looking. Innit Bludd. Sick. Yo.