ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pay as you Go for iPhone

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Im buying my first house with the other half after saving up for years and need to have as much spare cash as possible as you can imagine.

Im on O2 and paying £47 a month on contract. Its up for renewal next month but i think im going to change over to PAYG (is that what its called these days?)

Does anyone have any idea what this would be like on O2 and if you get different deals that include texts/ internet use?

Thanks in advance for any info guys

Austin

Golf R/Leon FR
Austin, my O2 iPhone contract ran out in December, I changed from £35 a month to a simplicity tariff (30 day rolling contract). I get 300 minutes and unlimited txts and costs £11.49 a month. You should be able to change a month early too.

Simplicity or Gifgaff (sp).

I have simplicity at £22p/m.

800mins, 1600 texts and unlimited internet (had it since before the allowance of 500 was brought in).

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Talkmobile do decent deals for around £12/month, 6 month contract. They use vodafone network.

And Tesco do some good deals, 1 month rolling and some short contracts. I got 500mins, too many texts and 1GB for £12.50/month on a special deal 3 month contract. For me I wanted a cheap 1GB and Tesco use o2 which is what I was on before so I get the same signal.

There was something on HotUKDeals yesterdya on TalkMobile - works out at £3 a month. 500mb internet, 300 mins and unlimited texts I think.

I love my T-Mobile 12 month sim - unlimited texts, internet and 600 minutes for £5 a month.

Audi A3
im on giffgaff. works well most of the time.

the entire network was down for a day once but thats the only problem ive had with them

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£47 a month!!!

Im tesco, unlimited texts, unlimited Internet and 500mins for £10 a month.

Last edited:
Sister-in-law has just gone for a simplicity 12 month deal at about £15 a month and get unlimited text, 500mb, and 800minutes.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tesco mobile will be cheaper than any o2 deal and use same network cant fault there service !

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've just ordered a giff gaff sim. My contract runs out soon on my iPhone 4 with Vodafone, can't be arsed upgrading tbh. I'm going to try a cheap and cheerful tariff for abit.

182 ff
Austin, my O2 iPhone contract ran out in December, I changed from £35 a month to a simplicity tariff (30 day rolling contract). I get 300 minutes and unlimited txts and costs £11.49 a month. You should be able to change a month early too.

im on this too but pay 7 pounds a month !

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Get Tesco, it's quality, they are no different to the 02 contract I had for 2 years before hand in terms of signal/reliablility.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Do a 12 month for £10 or £12.50 depending if you want more data and wifi.

Alternatively, Talkmobile for £12 on a 6 month contract, 750MB. They use the vodafone network.

Probably getting on for 1.5 years.

Oh good, thought I had missed a better deal recently. Cracking deal, very happy with them, it's just annoying to see Tesco in the top left corner lol.

I completely forgot I had BT Wifi until looking into these deals.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've been doing some research into cheap tariff's and giffgaff is coming out on top.

I ordered another sim card today through one of their forum members, by doing this myself and the forum member both got £5 free credit. Win win. I have been looking at their "goody bags" and they have an unusual tariff where you get 60 minutes, unlimited data and 300 texts for £5 PCM. The twist to this is that my minutes increase the more people ring me. My Mrs uses about 200 minutes a month ringing me so I also get 200 minutes plus my original 60 that I started with.

Price wise this network seems too good to be true. I'm looking forward to my sim arriving so I can give giffgaff a go. So far I've only read 2 negative things about them. The first was that their network went down for a day and the second negative thing is incompetent people moaning that their sim cards don't work because they didn't unlock their phones before changing networks.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've been doing some research into cheap tariff's and giffgaff is coming out on top.

I ordered another sim card today through one of their forum members, by doing this myself and the forum member both got £5 free credit. Win win. I have been looking at their "goody bags" and they have an unusual tariff where you get 60 minutes, unlimited data and 300 texts for £5 PCM. The twist to this is that my minutes increase the more people ring me. My Mrs uses about 200 minutes a month ringing me so I also get 200 minutes plus my original 60 that I started with.

Price wise this network seems too good to be true. I'm looking forward to my sim arriving so I can give giffgaff a go. So far I've only read 2 negative things about them. The first was that their network went down for a day and the second negative thing is incompetent people moaning that their sim cards don't work because they didn't unlock their phones before changing networks.

That £5 goodybag doesn't include data.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the input guys, forgot id made the thread till G4rth reminded me at work lol. Looks like ther are some great deals.

If i moveto girifgiraf will i be able to keep my number?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I can upgrade on 25th June, so i take it i can cancel on the same day. Can anyone confirm this?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've finally ported my number across to giffgaff today.

I've noticed that the network provider on my iPhone is saying O2, anyone else have this with giffgaff?

LY 182
I can upgrade on 25th June, so i take it i can cancel on the same day. Can anyone confirm this?

Typically you have to give them a month's notice to cancel your contract when it's up, otherwise it keeps rolling on.

I've finally ported my number across to giffgaff today.

I've noticed that the network provider on my iPhone is saying O2, anyone else have this with giffgaff?

Giffgaff use the O2 network.