ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pc fan and CPU advice needed..

Just replaced the CPU fan, was kinda hairy but I did it, the fan had a self adhesive layer on it, so when I turned it on it bonded but I got nothing to the monitor.

I turned off, well i had to pull the plug wouldn't turn off.

I then took the GPU out and put it abck in, incase it has been knocked in my car.

I then took the fan off and took the CPU off breaking the bond with the adhesive. Put the CPU in but differently this time (put it in with some little lever lifted) and hey presto I'm back on. Now should I go out and buy a little thing of adhesive and do it again? or I think theres a chance it'll get heated but warmer this time and stick again but would that be taking a big risk.... sorry to go on!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
its not adhesive mate, its a thermal compound to protect the processor (to stop it from overheating) so long as its not completely shot it will be fine.

make sure you have a good contact between the 2 as your cpu will fry. just get a tube of arctic silver 3 i think its called and then ya can reaply it as often as you feel the need.

bloody hell looks like mines dated lol. off to get some artic silver 5. even the dam thermal compound updates faster than the graphics cards lol