ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] GT Legends cars on Race '07

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
whos next to stick a time to beat up?

Did you manage to post that time when your Caterham CSR320 was acting like an upturned plough on Brands?! ;) How fecking hard are they to control???

I almost lapped matey-boy who was on there with us. Two more laps and he would have been overtook, I reckon.

edit - if you want a good challenge, try the Porsche 906 on Monza. It doesn't like high-speed braking - probably because of the complete lack of a rear spoiler. Makes it a tough little b*****d to slow down.

D.

Thanks to Darren I too now have a stable of GTL cars :D

They are a right handful mind! Took a Lotus Elan out as well as the abarth. Can barely keep them on the track in a straight line!

Have taken all aids off, is this how we roll using the GTL cars?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks to Darren I too now have a stable of GTL cars :D

They are a right handful mind! Took a Lotus Elan out as well as the abarth. Can barely keep them on the track in a straight line!

Have taken all aids off, is this how we roll using the GTL cars?

Nice one - so you got it installed and all sorted then? :)

By far the hardest (for me) to control is the Ford GT40. If that bares any resemblance to how they handle in real life then the drivers are real heroes. Either that, or suicidal. It actually 'feels' like there is too much power going through the rear of that chassis. I think it would be virtually impossible to control if you set the weather to heavy rain!

this is how we roll with ever car :p

Lol! Had some fun with that Caterham CSR320 and was impressed by the physics in it. At one point I was carrying far too much speed down Clearways and under heavy braking I overloaded the fronts and the G25 immediately went all light on steering. Eased off a little, the nose lifted slightly and full steering (and weighting) through the wheel came back. Awesome stuff. :approve:

Jason - have you tried the RS2000 with the settings on Pro? Well hard!

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep all sorted! And yes all aids off and pro settings! This too hard for a novice? :eek:

Keep it to semi-pro m8 - it's probably more enjoyable overall. And certainly if you haven't got a wheel and pedals. Even if you just have the ABS and T/C set to Low on Semi-Pro, it takes the 'nasty' edge off the handling and makes the cars more predictable.

A lot of online racing is set to Pro level, however.

D.

Took the GT40 out, didn't last long, then took out one of the radicals which was a lot easier!

The graphics on this are well ok ish? Settings on maximum. Hooked it up to my tv earlier via HDMI and even V synced at 60FPS it didn't look great! Looked better though at a vsynced 60 than a no synched 140!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
granted the gfx arent up to xbox/ps3 but I reclon the gameplay os better

For sure! Loved the out-braking move you did on Monza m8, with us both in Beemers. I bet you would have managed it too with about an extra 20ft of track!

Brazo - try one of the WTCC Extreme cars, m8. Very sure footed and planted, but with masses of power. Quick and fun - I always end up braking too early with them!

D.

^^Will do, yes agreed Gameplay is very good, that said stick it on heavy rain and the graphics look great with the water everywhere! Also love the random 'bug splats'!

MY10 R35 GTR
For sure! Loved the out-braking move you did on Monza m8, with us both in Beemers. I bet you would have managed it too with about an extra 20ft of track!

Brazo - try one of the WTCC Extreme cars, m8. Very sure footed and planted, but with masses of power. Quick and fun - I always end up braking too early with them!

D.

lol I down shifted a bit too quick. the extreme cars are one of the most fun though

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol I down shifted a bit too quick. the extreme cars are one of the most fun though

I personally hate that chicane at Monza. Fecking spun the Beemer once on reaching the other side of it. Without the HUD on, I can't tell which gear I'm in and the rev counter lines up just behind the top of the steering wheel rim, so I'm blind to that too! I changed the seating position, but my 'head' was shoved in the roof, making the view onto the track quite crap.

I don't think a 1.48 on standard setup with no inkling of what gear I was in, nor what RPMs I was doing, was too bad tbh! ;)

D.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
This is downloadable from steam??...Im liking the sound of it, think i need to be purchasing it.

MY10 R35 GTR
think so. £16.99

GTR evolution is what yout looking for. YOu can buy the STCC add on pack for 13.99 but not alot of ppl use then online

MY10 R35 GTR
It must be those dodgy car configs that you've downloaded! ;)

Almost clicked & bought STCC last night for £16, iirc. Is it worth it for that, m8?

D.

Id say for the other cars and the swedish tracks are fun. But the downside is there isnt alot of ppl play with them online.

THink I mite need to get rid of some of the addons. I put my laptop onto stamina mode and its done somit. Usually I play the game on a small window screen on my laptop but even thats running jerky

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Id say for the other cars and the swedish tracks are fun. But the downside is there isnt alot of ppl play with them online.

THink I mite need to get rid of some of the addons. I put my laptop onto stamina mode and its done somit. Usually I play the game on a small window screen on my laptop but even thats running jerky

You might have to. :(

I went mad on GTR2 sometime ago downloading anything and everything that I wanted for it. It crippled the game though! To this day, one of the best (and simplest) mods I got was a pure white skin for the Porsche GT2. It just looked spot on.

I downloaded STCC earlier, but not had much chance to try it yet. A bit knackered, tbf...

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Posted a quick sample..... ;)

Love the quality drop. I think YouTube compressed it to around 45MB. The original FRAPS screen capture was 1.9GB!!!

[youtube]BvZP6PbVvww[/youtube]

D.