ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pc HELP

Mk4 .:R32
my pc wont turn on properly. it just goes to a screen saying that it hasn't been shut down properly and gives me the option to select ' start windows' so i click it and then it just goes back to the same screen. i cant get to the desktop or anything and when i press F10 noting happens? i have windows xp home edition

need HELP......

Punto/Clio GTT
yea, it still does it sometimes now though.

dunno what it is. sometimes i turn it on and all i get is a black screen. other times itll just reset itself

o rite. i cant get mine to turn on at all. is there a manual way i could do it so i can at least get to the desktop?

windows xp. yeh i got the install disc but i have to get to the desktop for the disk to work dont i?

Punto/Clio GTT
i dont think xp has a repair utility but i could be wrong.

and no, you just put the disc in, keep hitting escape or f4 or something until you get into bios, switch the boot priority to your cd/dvd rom and it should boot from your disc first

As said put in the CD, think its F8 or F10, then boot from CD option.

Depends how much the PC is worth, could be far cheaper to take it to a repair shop and get some upgrades done whilst your there..

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
99.8% sure it will be a RAM issue.

if you run two sticks, take one out.

vice versa on both.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
also, remove the battery from the motherboard. unplug, as stated leave for 10 mins. re fit battery and re boot.

Punto/Clio GTT

vice versa on both.

sorry to hijack thread.

you reckon my gf's could be ram too?

when she tried to play a game, the pc just resets itself, when she tries to watch a movie it just resets itself, sometimes she can just be browsing a webpage and it resets itself.
sometimes ill turn on the pc and just get a black screen, sometimes it boots to the screen this guy gets.

its got a brand new stick of 1 gig ram in it.

i cant throw my ram in there as it has a cover over the ram stick if you get what i mean.

its like the chipboard, then the chips on the board, then its got a metal cover over all of it and it wont slide into the pins on the mobo

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i understand what you mean, yes, your issue I would either put it down to the RAM, as you said it has had some new ones put in, or maybe a PSU failure. Try the RAM first though, its cheaper to replace.

(This is SamboRT - Forums user and can only post 5 times in 24hrs on Tech chat lol)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

vice versa on both.

sorry mate i dont understand. computers aint my strong point

i dont know what spec it is ill check when iam at home

basically, take side off your pc, look at it and there will be either two, or four long slots with at least one slot taken up. that is your RAM... it is your computers memeory and is needed to boot the pc up, and to play everything. you need ram to run the pc, if part is defected in the stick it will run for a little as yours did then shut down.

ram-motherboard1.jpg

that is RAM!

Punto/Clio GTT
well i dropped the psu out yesterday and its a 400w intel one.

the spec of the pc is vista, 1gb ram, amd athlon 2800xp (2.2gig), ati 9600xt.

you think the psu could be not up to the job?

i dont have any ram that can fit in to try it

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
umm, it seems ok, it may be defected. get a program like Everest to check you are getting creect voltages on each rail... if it is low on all of them, psu is most likely the cause!!