ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Integra Type-R DC2
:D

Should see more videos like this on youtube, the Alpha version got released to a select group of the community yesterday.

Focus ST170
Does anyone think the way the player is holding the weapons in that video looks a bit funny? Kind of at an awkward angle? maybe its just me but it does'nt look right to me..

Ph2 172 Flamer
Anybody else get an invitation via email to the BF3 PC Alpha trial?
Mussssst resist temptation to upgrade my PC for this! I was gonna stick with 360, but now I'm not so sure....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
[youtube]0djf23itXAA[/youtube]

Looking good! I was really quite paranoid that DICE might wuss-out and bow to the yawndom of COD-like requirements. Thankfully it still looks much more BF-like than COD.

Nice map size too. COD players will suffer from panic attacks on maps that large. Anything larger than a 10ft x 10ft back yard and they get all confused.

D.

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
To be honest I think this will be my main game and MW2 to the side. As Darren said big maps that's what its all about.

What are your thoughts on the time it takes to knife someone I think It's abit long?

Evo 5 RS
Just signed up for the closed alpha with my account. Will try and jump on later if I get a chance :)

One thing I noticed is with my newer account that I created recently it said I didn't qualify, but went through fine with my old one. Not sure what the criteria is.

1.8 Civic EX
I got the e-mail for the closed Alpha but won't be taking part for two reasons....

A - my laptop can just about manage solitare so no chance of it actually running
B - I don't want to ruin the suprise/awesomness of the full game :)

Integra Type-R DC2
No one should be posting clips from BF3 Alpha. EA will be taking down any clips people upload, so you'll have to be quick.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Got my Alpha code just now. Downloading it at around 1.2Mbps. Will let everyone know what I think of it.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Crashing a few times so far, gonna do a clean install of the nVidia drivers. Apparently that helps.

Apart from that; it's fantastic.

Evo 5 RS
Not crashed here. I did get stuck a fair few times though when I was playing it last night. Imaginary walls everywhere. A lot of the destruction has been disabled for the alpha too which is a bit gash.

I'm a massive hater of this crappy Origin to web browser server system they've got going too. I seriously hope it's only temp

CLIO Iceberg 172
Been playing this and so far really impressed with where it is atm i love the fact prone is back. The close quaters fighting in the underground makes for some intressting battles so far. really hate origin system so far though fingers crossed its just cos the alpha dont have menus yet

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Where's the best place to Pre order lads?

Can't do shoptoo as it has to be verified and all that s**t.

Special edition one.

Ph2 172 Flamer
Years worth of rewards and unlocks, hell yeah!!! :D
Gimmie my Expert Badges from BF2, 100 hours play time for each of the 7 classes, and 40 kills in a round.....

Like a Boss:slap:

White Sti Hatch
Can't wait to get my hands on this when i get back home, building a whole new Rig for this once i get back too :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Saw this on EA's stream early on and it looks orgasmic, pure filth. can't wait

Integra Type-R DC2
Fiiiinally!

Also good to see that infantry get Stingers, so there wont be any more of the helo rape faggotry that BC2 saw.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Although if there just choppers on a map Shirley you'll just get fucked instantly by a stinger.

Hopefully they get the mix right.

I literally CANNOT wait for this game. PLEASE!!

Integra Type-R DC2
Although if there just choppers on a map Shirley you'll just get f**ked instantly by a stinger.

Hopefully they get the mix right.

I literally CANNOT wait for this game. PLEASE!!

By the looks of it, aircraft have flares that can throw off the stingers. Same sort of system that BF2 had, worked well.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It looks mental good.

Question for the BF2 guys - If assault class now get medic kits, who get the ammo boxes?