ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nice one, how many are there in a clan, hope there's more than 4. 4 is not enough

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
If it's like before it's 4 in a squad but you can just party chat all of you and go in in 4's.

But then this should have more per game so they might make the squads bigger.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
s**t! Keep forgetting.

LAWL.

If you get a full 12 in party chat all on one team it's mental. Proper advantage over other teams.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
on BF2142 it was more than 4 in a squad. So i'm sure this will be the same. Fingers crossed.

Is there any more details on when there is going to be more footage coming out?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's going to be crazy.

Can't wait for this to arrive.

But... choices... do I start a single player game (to get used to it all and it's apparently superb experience) or just delve straight into the MP? Cripes.

mini cooper R50
anyone looking for a "mature clan"

Wonka Warriors are recruiting, we are getting a new dedi server for bf3 so will be running maybe 3 bf3 servers

Mountune Tractor
It's going to be crazy.

Can't wait for this to arrive.

But... choices... do I start a single player game (to get used to it all and it's apparently superb experience) or just delve straight into the MP? Cripes.

I always go single player first, gives you a good feel for the game/controls. Plus campaigns are normally awesome!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'll be defo playing campaign first, it does look good. need the practice too of course on the tanks and equipment

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's a shame most of you f*cktards are on PS3 :dapprove:

Get a 360, people. Although, I do have a PS3 as well, this is a 360 purchase.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
It's a shame most of you f*cktards are on PS3 :dapprove:

Get a 360, people. Although, I do have a PS3 as well, this is a 360 purchase.

Dont screw me! We need to get upto our standard on HC Conquest haha.

Just ordered mine with Tesco, cashback on Quidco and double club card points for my old man.

Single player first for me too normally. I've completed all the COD's/BC2 in a day so normally smash them first.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Dont screw me! We need to get upto our standard on HC Conquest haha.

Just ordered mine with Tesco, cashback on Quidco and double club card points for my old man.

Single player first for me too normally. I've completed all the COD's/BC2 in a day so normally smash them first.

I've had mine on pre-order with Amazon for 4 months now. It's even better now Amazon have a Trade-In department. Neat. LA Noire and Crysis 2 on route.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Amazon do trade ins, i'll have to have a look Black Ops and BC2 i think

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
yeah just had a look, but i'm not 100% sure wether to do this, i see you get a gift card sent to you when they think the stuff meets their requirements

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Quite a few have done it. The fact I've pre-ordered with them for BF3 is a no-brainer. I don't think I'd get £18.50 or whatever it is for LA Noire anywhere else.

Might do. I'll give my local Gamestation a ring, as there's loads of games coming out soon and I don't have to use it for BF3.

1.8 Civic EX
I'll be doing the single player campaign first too.

Had it on pre-order for a few months now via play.com, they have now updated thier page and it turns out if you pre-order with play you get some special icons of some sort to use when customizing your dog tags....oooooh special lol

Nimbus Megane R26
Darren whats your steam id mate? Im always playing COD/DOD/BC2 etc etc.. proper pc fanboi like yourself :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
ps-bf3_1.jpg

ps-bf3_2.jpg

ps-bf3_3.jpg

ps-bf3_4.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, how many are there in a clan, hope there's more than 4. 4 is not enough

I hope it's 6, including one squad leader like in BF2142, but I can't imagine that will happen. The formula seems set on 4 players per squad now, which is a shame imo.

Darren whats your steam id mate? Im always playing COD/DOD/BC2 etc etc.. proper pc fanboi like yourself :)

Look below his username ;).

AK to the rescue! :)

D.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
be awsome on this if you can call out for amo or a medic, like on BF2142. you know that sub menu plus all the other commands on there

get sick of running low on ammo on BC2 and you can't get some one to top it up for you

AK

M240i
You push the back button on the Xbox whilst looking at an assault guy to call for ammo on BC2 ;)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
do you, must be the same on PS3 then? never noticed yet, i'm still a noob on it

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
be awsome on this if you can call out for amo or a medic, like on BF2142. you know that sub menu plus all the other commands on there

get sick of running low on ammo on BC2 and you can't get some one to top it up for you

To be fair m8 - 2142 was a benchmark for so many features, that simply have been set aside. It just 'gelled' in the way it played for me - clearly, as it's by far and away the most hours I've put into an online FPS. A six-member squad should have been standard - along with the 6 class types of BF2. We need diversity and the reliance of team-play - rather than one-man army tactics. An anti-tank guy in BF2 was exactly that - a class chosen to take on tanks and vehicles. Not to take on snipers. Not to take on assault troops. Just there to be in the anti-vehicle role as and when needed.

They really should have repeated this philosophy for BF3. They got it right before - why change it now?

D.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I really do blame consoles.

Developers really have to try and make the games work for everyone and every platform :(

Edit: That's not to say i have anything against consoles, BFBC2 on xbox is what got me into this lark :)

To be fair m8 - 2142 was a benchmark for so many features, that simply have been set aside. It just 'gelled' in the way it played for me - clearly, as it's by far and away the most hours I've put into an online FPS. A six-member squad should have been standard - along with the 6 class types of BF2. We need diversity and the reliance of team-play - rather than one-man army tactics. An anti-tank guy in BF2 was exactly that - a class chosen to take on tanks and vehicles. Not to take on snipers. Not to take on assault troops. Just there to be in the anti-vehicle role as and when needed.

They really should have repeated this philosophy for BF3. They got it right before - why change it now?

D.

+1 . I completely agree. I loved Battlefield 2.

Ph2 172 Flamer
Open Beta up from 29th Sept until 10th Oct. Peeps with early access passes get it from the 27th Sept :)