ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

AK

M240i
Love the flashlight on the piston for clearing buildings out.

Suppressor on the main gun though.

Sneaky sneaky.

Megane 225 F1
Or standing behind them, shooting in the head point blank and then realising you could have had their tags.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Haha!

Or chasing some fucker and thinking yeeeah buddy give me dem tags and his mate see's you being a cheeky fucker and pops you in the skull from across the courtyard/room/field.

JUST 10 SECONDS MORE YOU f**k!

Now I'm not gonna be able to play for a few weeks and I'll be a level 13 while everyone's mid 30's-40's :(

Last edited:
  Integra Type-R DC2
LOL at the knife banter, some cheeky sod tried taking my tags last night. Heard the sound of a knife being used and took a bit of damage, turned round and just unloaded my machine gun in his face. Bet he was pissed.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
:cool:

Battlefield 3 sold a whopping five million copies in its first week on sales, according to internal EA estimates, making it the publisher's fastest selling game ever.

EA's announcement added that, while some players have complained of intermittent service disruption online "due to high volume", it reckons servers and service uptime stabilised to roughly 98.9 per cent over the weekend.

A good number of players certainly have been able to get online - EA reported that gamers have executed 73 million savior kills, 48 million revives and destroyed 67 million vehicles since launch.

"From Tokyo to Los Angeles, Sydney to London, millions of fans have been playing all weekend long - we are overwhelmed by the global response to Battlefield 3," said EA exec Patrick Soderlund.
"It is extremely gratifying to deliver an entertainment experience that delights our fans, and to have the opportunity to introduce new people to the franchise. Already, we are seeing unprecedented play times and online activity which is very rewarding. This launch solidifies Battlefield as a leading entertainment brand."

Late last week EA claimed that it had shipped 10 million copies to retailers, with many stores apparently already looking to re-stock.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
"This launch solidifies Battlefield as a leading entertainment brand."

^^^ - that bit concerns me. This Battlefield game certainly feels more EA than DICE. More cash-cow than a progress in the series overall. I'd like to see the percentage switched - allow DICE much more control themselves. But with EA at the purse-strings - that will never happen. Hell, I'd like a Battlefield 1942 Mk2!! :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There are still certain aspects of Bad Company 2 I love over BF3 - the character selection and customisation screens are still annoyingly "limited" compared to BC2. Limited in the sense that on BC2 you could go to each class and go through the weapons and it was much easier to arm individual items. Now you have to go into loadout screens to fully customise things, and the vehicle customisation is on a completely different layout screen now, whereas on BC2 it was all together. That was perfect, IMO.

Small things.

^^^ - that bit concerns me. This Battlefield game certainly feels more EA than DICE. More cash-cow than a progress in the series overall. I'd like to see the percentage switched - allow DICE much more control themselves. But with EA at the purse-strings - that will never happen. Hell, I'd like a Battlefield 1942 Mk2!! :)

D.

YES!

Fiesta ST-3
Also agree Scutch. With a few tweaks though it will be epic!! The fact the menu screens go fuzzy everytime I select something annoys me slightly.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

D.

Agreed, seems a done deal with the noddy bad company 'branding' by the look of things. Wouldn't surprise me to see battlefail 4 as a true IO CoD clone with vehicles removed completely. Hell, they're so nerfed now they may as well be. :clown:

Do you not reckon a lot of the functionality has been scripted out to keep gameplay balanced on non administrated console servers Darren? Wishful thinking for a re-engineered bf2 with frostbite 2, I don't think I are has the necessary skillz to fly jetz and heliz in bc3 like an pr0-they is too fast and too difficult to control...

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've been killed a few times trying to take dog tags. It's worth it though as it's annoying as f**k getting knifed. Took a lot more on this game than I was on bc2.

S3, Polo
Helicopters are near impossible now, lol.

Changing the stick layout (under options) helped a bit...

I've been killed a few times trying to take dog tags. It's worth it though as it's annoying as f**k getting knifed. Took a lot more on this game than I was on bc2.

I have experienced brief but actual rage at being knifed (I thought I was being like a stealthy ninja getting to an objective, only to set the bomb and immediately get knifed!) Arrrrrgggghhhh! :)

DCi
I've only had 1 knife chance and I messed it up :(

A helo was chasing me in a tank so at first I was parked in like a petrol station so under the cover thing and pretty safe, then when i needed to move I rolled the tank out a bit and switched to the turret and killed the pilot with the machine gun... I got like a vehicle disabled score or something?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
what's strange about this game, when you make up a squad say Bravo and your the first person to make it up and say 2 others join you and your the squad leader. What bugs me is half way through the game your not the leader anymore some one else has took your place and also one other thing the spawn beacon when do you unlock it? is this only to the squad leader same as BF2142

Evo 5 RS
There's no denying that, sat next to Battlefield 3, this year's Call of Duty entry looks a little unimpressive. Nevertheless, co-developer Sledgehammer Games has defended the game's aging engine in no uncertain terms.

"I've worked on a lot of engines over my lifetime and spent a lot of time putting graphics in to them and this thing is Porsche," said general manager Glen Schofield. "And what I mean by that is that it's stream-lined, everything in it is perfectly freaking clean. You can tell it's been worked on for years. It's easy to upgrade.

"If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference. Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water. There is so much that we've added, so when someone says 'cut and paste', I don't even want to talk to them because they don't know. They just don't know. They have no idea."

lol.. Quake 3 engine, problem BF3 fans?

Quake 3 - Release date 1999

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Helicopters are near impossible now, lol.

Not encountered these yet-are unlockable content? Loving rocking out of the burning wreckage & wading straight into the action tbf. Brad company piloting skillz ftw. :star:

Michael-heli just as awesome on pc?

455949_460s.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Are curious, what are your slant on the expansive oop areas, limited heavy weapon splash and frankly awesome collision modelling Michael tbh?
What's your angle Pavlova? What would you rather it be like? I think you've forgotten what point you were making. Lol