ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

I love this game now! Coming from a MW2 fanboy thats saying something! I love that sometimes the games can take forever lol!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished the SP campaign - quite enjoyable overall apart from the silly press E key/Space bar/LMB in 1 nanosecond, action interludes. I actually 'died' more often in those sections of the game than I did in getting shot at!

Loved the attack of the villa level near the end of the game. Well scripted that. A good effort to say DICE is more focused on the online side of things rather than SP campaigns....

D.

Not a 320d
Just finished the SP campaign - quite enjoyable overall apart from the silly press E key/Space bar/LMB in 1 nanosecond, action interludes. I actually 'died' more often in those sections of the game than I did in getting shot at!

Loved the attack of the villa level near the end of the game. Well scripted that. A good effort to say DICE is more focused on the online side of things rather than SP campaigns....

D.

Best one IMO. Loved the campaign.

Im getting better at MP now, Usually I kill more people than I die, im not used to all this camping and sniping though. Seems to be a requirement of the game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Best one IMO. Loved the campaign.

Im getting better at MP now, Usually I kill more people than I die, im not used to all this camping and sniping though. Seems to be a requirement of the game.

A total novice at online in this - just had two quick goes and have cracked Level 1 - lol. Slightly concerned that it seems extremely keen to ram achievements/ranks down your throat at a rate of knots (no doubt to keep the 12-year-old COD converts happy) - but I'll look past that hopefully!

Still riddled with key-binding issues. Like entering and leaving a vehicle is 'E' - regardless of what you set it to in game. :S School-boy level glitches these, imo. It will probably change if I set it from the main menu instead...

D.

Monaro VXR
A total novice at online in this - just had two quick goes and have cracked Level 1 - lol. Slightly concerned that it seems extremely keen to ram achievements/ranks down your throat at a rate of knots (no doubt to keep the 12-year-old COD converts happy) - but I'll look past that hopefully!

Still riddled with key-binding issues. Like entering and leaving a vehicle is 'E' - regardless of what you set it to in game. :S School-boy level glitches these, imo. It will probably change if I set it from the main menu instead...

D.

See I have a big glitch with mine. It keeps randomly freezing the whole machine up. Nothing else crashes the machine but I can guarantee if I play BF for longer than an hour or so the machine is going to crash. At one point it I thought it was the GPU. However fan is working perfectly and it works fine in every other game. Just in BF3 I get major graphical corruption after a while and the entire system dies.

Checked online seems I am not the only one with the issue. Nor does it just happen on ATI cards. Happens with the Nvidia guys too. I also had to dump some drivers for other devices that caused it to crash on start up. The processes from those drivers caused issues.

AK

M240i
It has crashed a few of our Xboxes, once in a blue moon though.

Normally happens in the menu between matches so no biggie.

Evo 5 RS
http://www.bitthirsty.com/ea-left-me-disappointed-at-modern-warfare-3-launch

So I went down to the official Modern Warfare 3 launch in London (Oxford Street) on Monday evening, and to be fair Activision and Microsoft put on a good show, I just couldn’t help but feel EA missed a trick here. As you do at these launches, I got talking with some friends in the queue and thought that it would have been awesome to see EA make an appearance in some capacity, to crash the party so to speak, which got me thinking.

I wanted a repeat of this

How awesome would it have been, with like thirty minutes to go before the clock strikes twelve, to pull up on Oxford Street, theme blaring, with soldiers jumping out the Battlefield 3 tank (they brought one along with them to the launch two weeks ago), handing out free copies to everyone in line (around 750 people)? Totally stealing the show away from Activision in the process.

Now, it would be stupid to assume gamers would walk away from the queue they’ve been standing in for hours, go home with their new copy of Battlefield 3 and live happily ever after, but putting copies of the competition in the hands of the competitor’s user base wouldn’t have be a bad thing – would it? Some might already own Battlefield 3 yes, but for a lot of people in that queue Modern Warfare 3 will be one of the only gaming purchases they’ll make this year – trust me I was there. Better yet, a stunt like that would get people talking, tweeting and definitely steal at least a bit of the limelight away from Activision’s money making machine, especially on the gaming sites and in the morning papers. Who knows, you might even get some converts from it. If not for the new players a stunt like that would bring in, it’s something that would have been worth the press alone right?

Going off EA’s aggressive marketing prior to the game’s release, I, for one wouldn’t have put it past them, and with thirty minutes left to go I was still checking my watch like an anxious kid, waiting for EA to land one final blow. Unfortunately, this never happened

Not a 320d

D.

Yeah the achievements seem pointless. The upgrades dont come too quickly and guns are well spaced out. I wont get the good shotgun till level 44.

If you go about using the defibs on assault class and help capture the flag poles you rack up points quickly.

Really enjoying this game. Im not sure I want to waste my time with CODMW3, as tbh it just looks the same as MW2 and isnt really enticing me.

BF3 is a refreshing change.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I opted for this over MW3. Played a few hours on the campaign, really enjoying it too. I'm proper s**t though and have died quite a few times.

Just waiting for my ps3 to update then i'll give online a try.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I had a few hours online. I didn't know where I was going for a bit, managed to get some decent kills though in the end, nothing special though.

I think I spawned in a helicopter 6 or 7 times, lasted a few seconds before it got shot down. Tanks are pretty good if you have a decent driver.

Will take a bit of getting used to the maps but I really do like this game.

Didn't get too far on campaign. Got taken out at the machine gun nests about 4 levels in and then gave up :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I had a few hours online. I didn't know where I was going for a bit, managed to get some decent kills though in the end, nothing special though.

I think I spawned in a helicopter 6 or 7 times, lasted a few seconds before it got shot down. Tanks are pretty good if you have a decent driver.

Will take a bit of getting used to the maps but I really do like this game.

Didn't get too far on campaign. Got taken out at the machine gun nests about 4 levels in and then gave up :eek:

Lol - it is a bit frustrating how the AI totally ignores any of your team-mates and simply hones in on your position. They also operate on a watered-down wall-hack basis (exactly as the AI bots do on COD) - where they are shooting through walls at your position that they couldn't possibly know existed. COD's more funny though with the Killcam view where the AI bot crosshair view follows you down stairs, through doorways, etc - all while you're hidden behind walls! It's a good SP campaign though - stick with it, imo.

Online, I'm actually having a hell of a time killing anyone. I'm getting a LOT of white crosshair flashes to indicate I'm hitting the enemy, but very, very little happens in the way of helping my K/D score. I guess it's because I'm only at Rank 1 at the minute where the weapons are one-up from peashooters.

D.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
this game is absolutely ruined by lag. i swear im a constant 2 seconds behind everyone. i can never get in a jet now even if i ninja choose it in a second. 50\50's are pointless and it takes a full clip at least to kill someone. bullshit game is bullshit.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
this game is absolutely ruined by lag. i swear im a constant 2 seconds behind everyone. i can never get in a jet now even if i ninja choose it in a second. 50\50's are pointless and it takes a full clip at least to kill someone. bulls**t game is bulls**t.

It does seem a little random at times. Four bursts fail to drop a guy, who quickly spins and drops me with one burst. Yet conversely, I've gone almost toe-to-toe with someone blasting away at me with an SMG and I've capped him with two rounds from the M9 pistol. :)

As with most things online, there are a zillion-and-1 factors involved into the outcome of an engagement. Sometimes it works for you, other times it doesn't. It's bloody frustating when it's more of the latter though - lol.

D.

Ph1 172
when playing a normal match say on CQ or Rush, how the hell do I keep getting 'Team Killed' does it not work like COD?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
this game is absolutely ruined by lag. i swear im a constant 2 seconds behind everyone. i can never get in a jet now even if i ninja choose it in a second. 50\50's are pointless and it takes a full clip at least to kill someone. bullshit game is bullshit.

You playing European servers or American... Also, play hardcore.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There were guys on 18k and even 28k points last night on maps I was on. I thought I was scoring well on 4k.

Meh.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-3
Had a quick look at this on my mates PC last night. I looked f**king awesome. So tempted to get it now. How good are the graphics on Xbox compared to PC? Has anyone seen both who could let me know?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
One thing that's really frustrating me at the moment is the Recon class.

I've stuck with it long enough to unlock some bolt-action rifles, but anything but a headshot is still a two-shot takedown, even on Hardcore. It's mental.

Being bolt-action, you fire the first round and the enemy takes cover after being hit, only to retaliate with Assault fire before you can get a second round on target.

The G36C might as well be a fully automatic Recon rifle.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just looking through my stats and they are shocking tbh!
KD .74 (not too bad as i've only played online for a couple of hours and ended up getting raped on my first few games) but my accuracy is dire... apparently only 8.82%

Mainly been playing as assault and i've got up to level 4.

Will give it a go on hardcore when i'm next online I think. Need to do some more on campaign this weekend, might even bring it in to work.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just looking through my stats and they are shocking tbh!
KD .74 (not too bad as i've only played online for a couple of hours and ended up getting raped on my first few games) but my accuracy is dire... apparently only 8.82%

Mainly been playing as assault and i've got up to level 4.

Will give it a go on hardcore when i'm next online I think. Need to do some more on campaign this weekend, might even bring it in to work.

My K/D rating is abysmal mate. I think I've had around 300 kills to around 500 deaths!! Saying that, 150 of the b*stard deaths weren't even valid. It's a lot different to my stats on Bad Company 2.

I think connecting to American servers isn't helping, firing rounds into enemies for them to shoot me once in the foot and I'm dead.

Still loving it though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What are you playing it on? I dont even know what servers I am connecting to. I just opt for quick game although the last game I played went on for about 45 minutes! Capture the flag on a massive level. Really good fun though. Love the vehicles too when I can get in them!

Good place for stats http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/captain_crowe

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What are you playing it on? I dont even know what servers I am connecting to. I just opt for quick game although the last game I played went on for about 45 minutes! Capture the flag on a massive level. Really good fun though. Love the vehicles too when I can get in them!

Good place for stats http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/captain_crowe

I'm on 360. Hardcore. I go to the server browser and just choose any I find on Hardcore Conquest (capture the flags).

I think I had over 10k kills on BC2 and a positive K/D ratio. Getting owned on BF3 although having 90 and then 60 deaths at the end of a round when I've actually not even entered the battle is a bit unfair. LOL. F*ck it. All about points. The sooner they fix the exploits the better though. I should have had loads of Ace pins but my team mates are too busy repairing their own vehicles or EOD bots and racking up 20k points a round.

1.8 Civic EX
gat raped big time last night, forget the map name, Something Canal? Where you start in the boat out at sea with the choice or the speed boats or chopper to get to the main land.

I was playing with a complete bunch of numpties and was basically pinned down on the boat, no matter what anyone tried we just couldn't get to the mainland, if we did we'd die in seconds. It didn't help that it was "everyman for himself" as regards the vehicles, which was frigging annoying!

I ended up just laying down on the boat sniping the nobbers on the mainland....

Clio 1.2 16v
its amazing how many people don't even shoot you if your using the EOD bot, ive armed plenty of MCOM's and sat and waited for people to disarm then burn them lol

Trying to get a roadkill with a MAV is my next mission