ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Annoying, but meh! Not liking Origin if I'm honest!

Very much looking forward to Wake Island!

Racked up over 50 hours on Wake alone on BF2 :eek:

I hate origin. Would much prefer a server browser in game.

I know, me too! Used to love flying helicopters under the bridges on Wake, and hiding in that bunker on the beach flag with a C4 in the door, whilst tanks blasted the f**k out of you! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Not played wake island yet, but Sharqi Peninsula is frickin awesome. Bit disappointed with karkand so far tbh.

Played Wake Island today. Loved it. Snipers galore though. That digger thing is really slow!
Loved finding all the differences compared to the original.
The beach flag is much different with a big pontoon thing.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They really need to bring back ammo counts/resupply areas for vehicles like they had in the earlier Battlefield games. Was on Wake last night (epic map as always) - and aside from overheating, you can seriously rape aircraft with the Tunguska. Conversely, any decent pilot (or worse, pairing of pilots) can literally pwn huge areas of the map. Stingers etc are 90% useless against planes, better against helis - but still little more than a deterrent overall.

I guess to counteract the weapon raping ability of the vehicles, they have MASSIVELY reduced the splash damage area - to almost comical proportions. I've lost track of the 120mm-shell-to-the-feet rounds that I've fired, hit the infantry as seen with the flashing crosshair. Hit them again - the same. Blow away the wall cover (and another hit) and the feckers still live! You have to use the tank barrels more as an enlarged sniper rifle now... ;)

D.

They really need to bring back ammo counts/resupply areas for vehicles like they had in the earlier Battlefield games. Was on Wake last night (epic map as always) - and aside from overheating, you can seriously rape aircraft with the Tunguska. Conversely, any decent pilot (or worse, pairing of pilots) can literally pwn huge areas of the map. Stingers etc are 90% useless against planes, better against helis - but still little more than a deterrent overall.

I guess to counteract the weapon raping ability of the vehicles, they have MASSIVELY reduced the splash damage area - to almost comical proportions. I've lost track of the 120mm-shell-to-the-feet rounds that I've fired, hit the infantry as seen with the flashing crosshair. Hit them again - the same. Blow away the wall cover (and another hit) and the feckers still live! You have to use the tank barrels more as an enlarged sniper rifle now... ;)

D.

Yea I agree Darren, that was half the fun when flying heli's/Jets, having to swoop back over your airstrip to resupply and fix.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Physical Warfare pack available for PS3 users.

Today, you can download the Physical Warfare Pack for Battlefield 3 on PlayStation 3. This pack is available now at no extra charge on the PlayStation Store for all players.Physical Warfare Pack grants you instant access to the powerful DAO-12 shotgun, if you haven’t unlocked it already. It also features custom flechette ammo for the DAO-12, a flash suppressor for the SKS sniper rifle, plus the Type 88 Light Machine Gun.

This pack was previously only available as an exclusive pre-order item. Now we are making this available to all Battlefield 3 players at no extra charge. PlayStation 3 players can get it today, while PC and Xbox 360 players will be able to get it at a later date. We will let you know as soon as it is available on all formats.

Now go grab your new hardware and take them to the battlefield!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I just spotted it on twitter so thought I'd post it in here. I've not been on it for a while, Assassins Creed has taken over for the time being.

Had a proper good bash on Strike at Karkand on PC today.
Thought it was rubbish at first, felt too different.
Then really got into it, racked up some massive points, now love it, just like the old days!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Downloaded it as soon as it came out but not had chance to play it yet, dam uni deadlines!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a proper good bash on Strike at Karkand on PC today.
Thought it was rubbish at first, felt too different.
Then really got into it, racked up some massive points, now love it, just like the old days!

I think what makes the biggest difference now is that there's a significant backdrop to look at. In BF2, you had the immediate buildings and a flat back-drop. Now the close-by buildings, etc are much more blended into the wider view, imo. Very noticable on Wake where the large, grey cloud formation is out in the direction of the aircraft carrier.

D.

Yea you've got it spot on! Couldn't put my finger on that and now you've pointed it out can see it. Just feels much much busier.
Strike at Karkand plays completely differently now though. Remember on 64 player, it used to be literally just the US running down the hill, and the MEC holding the hotel flag, and the choke points around that. Which I really enjoyed tbh. Now with the destruction, and the fact the vast majority of buildings you can actually get in and go through/up its changed.
Enjoyed it today though. Still think its funny though, don't think I could even touch the core BF3 maps now lol. All that work and the old ones are still the best!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The bigger maps suffer on xbox having only 24 players. when the vehicles are all used and the map has 5 flags to go for, the number of actual troops on the ground is fairly small, and it makes the maps prone to being raped by a maxed out helicopter or tank. I think rush/TDM is the way to go with the bigger maps.

1.8 Civic EX
Ok stupid moment....can someone explain how to use the SOFLAM? I don't get it? Put it down, use it like binoculars then what? Doesn't do anything?

Nimbus Megane R26
SOFLAM targets other teams tanks/choppers/planes for people to lock onto with the javlin. In my clan we have a 4man squad, one sniper with SOFLAM, one engineer with javlin, one support with ammo for the javlin and one medic. Awesome when you all work together, so many points.

Integra Type-R DC2
Ah ok.. Once it's targeted can you leave it or do you have to stay at it to keep it targeting?

You can exit it and walk away. It will automatically target vehicles that stray into its line of sight. You can also activate and use it if your no where near it. Just press the same equipment button you used to deploy it and you should get out a green PDA thingy. Press fire and you can start controlling it again.