ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm rawlins4. Sent you a request mate.
Any others about?

Same as my Steam ID - Unzen. :)

I tend to go for the servers that deactivate auto-repair of vehicles - which is an absolute joke when they have unlimited ammo too!

It's a shame the console peeps can't have the 64-player option - it really does add such a dynamic to the game. I was on one earlier that was running Wake with approx 45 players. With 5/6 other guys I'm using the headset with, on the same side. At multiple points on the map, there are several mini-battles going on and while you're concentrating on your immediate objective, planes and helos are battling away in the skies above - pretty much like a full-on experience. It's quite awe-inspiring to remain still for a few seconds and watch the huge amount of action going on all at once.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
BF3 needs a sand-box map on single player mode, imo.

I'd love to practice a bit more with the planes and helis, rather than being a lead-weight burden for my team and a sitting duck for the enemy team online. :)

D.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i need to practice my jet and heli flying skills. somehow yesterday i dived staight into the floor in my jet and just bounced back off and carried on flying :S

White Sti Hatch
BF3 needs a sand-box map on single player mode, imo.

I'd love to practice a bit more with the planes and helis, rather than being a lead-weight burden for my team and a sitting duck for the enemy team online. :)

D.

Agree the amount of times if jumped in a Heli/Jet then crashed it 2 mins later is ridiculous ! Ne something similar to Black Op's Bots

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just join a really low populated server, mess around on that.

Aye - I guess that's the most obvious solution. Would be nice if DICE made a gunnery range map - for all aspects of the game. Have 'cardboard' targets at different ranges - especially the ones that moved or popped up at different times.

I did get to grips with the gunships in BF2142, but that was quite some time ago!

D.

Yea I agree.

Only thing you don't get on a low populated server, is things shooting at you.
Because tbh I have no issues flying, its just all the heat seeking missiles and freakishly good pilots that are the problem.

Integra Type-R DC2
Im going to ask this here as I have no idea where else to turn. Why is it, that when ever I join a conquest game on Gulf of Oman, I end up on the smallest scaled map. I must of joined Gulf of Oman servers a dozen times over today and only once did I get onto the full size, 24 player, jets and all version and I cant figure out for the life of me why.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to ask this here as I have no idea where else to turn. Why is it, that when ever I join a conquest game on Gulf of Oman, I end up on the smallest scaled map. I must of joined Gulf of Oman servers a dozen times over today and only once did I get onto the full size, 24 player, jets and all version and I cant figure out for the life of me why.

Do you get the option of selection criteria on the console versions, m8? On the PC version, BF3 actually launches a web-browser window, in which you can tick-box the map choices, 16, 24, 32 or 64 player maps - whether or not they are full, PB enabled, etc?

I can usually hand-pick the type of game I want on BF3 through that.

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
Used the server browser and selected 24 players, no luck. Just went onto a 24 players server running the 16 player map. Really annoying as the 24 version with all the jets was the cats tits.

F82 M4
D, I've added you on Origin. Only paid £10 for this on the PC, runs absolutely great (Not the highest of specs either!). I'm absolutely useless at the game though, running around and finding barely anyone, even on a 64 player map. I'm too used to small games like Counter Strike. Currently trying to get my Recon class upgraded as I want a half decent sniper rifle. D, do you have your 360 pad plugged in and switch between the two when you're driving/piloting things?

koi

Audi S1
Anyone else having a problem with it freezing on the xbox? I am playing Night Shift in campaign mode and it keeps locking up my xbox when I use the scope, none of the buttons respond and I need to power on/off the console.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else having a problem with it freezing on the xbox? I am playing Night Shift in campaign mode and it keeps locking up my xbox when I use the scope, none of the buttons respond and I need to power on/off the console.

I have done that mission and didnt have any problems mate. you might need to go back to the previous mission and start again.

koi

Audi S1
I have done that mission and didnt have any problems mate. you might need to go back to the previous mission and start again.

Thanks, that worked. Only thing is it olny let play it on easy. Normal and Hard are greyed out for some reason.

koi

Audi S1
Just finished campaign mode, didn't realise it would be so short! Guess it's all about the multi-player.

AK

M240i
Mortars are definitely a noob friendly weapon. FFS.

Start the timer on a point on rush then mortar the s**t out of it.

f***s.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Did quite well in the jets earlier today.

Although, when a jet is chasing you, you're pretty much fucked. Any time I go to turn or flip, he/she is still following me, every f**king time. However, the viper chopper is awesome lol.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Did quite well in the jets earlier today.

Although, when a jet is chasing you, you're pretty much f**ked. Any time I go to turn or flip, he/she is still following me, every f**king time. However, the viper chopper is awesome lol.

You just need to out turn them mate...

Use your afterburners to build up speed then break and turn sharply, at some point you will out turn them if you break and turn first... law of physics more than anything.

Stick at it, if you really smash the jets you can get the hang of it. Saying this i've not played in months so im being left behind in terms of flight hours so no doubt i'll be completely w**k by the time i get to play again.

Evo 5 RS
Heres a thought, they blow up as well? lol. Doesn't seem to do any damage to them at all.

I got called a limey prick last night whilst playing - German server mind. Thought that was hilarious not sure why