ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Been wacking out the MAV, can rack up some decent points simply flying around and spotting.
Also can be used as a jammer to destroy enemy spawn beacons and equipment (not vehicles though)

Clio 1.2 16v
Been wacking out the MAV, can rack up some decent points simply flying around and spotting.
Also can be used as a jammer to destroy enemy spawn beacons and equipment (not vehicles though)

Also it is fun to kill people with. Watching them try to run away lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Dredz help me out here...

I have unlocked the Air Radar and Rockets for the Jet, how do I use these? Can only use heat seekers and the normal gun on the Jet.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You just need to out turn them mate...

Use your afterburners to build up speed then break and turn sharply, at some point you will out turn them if you break and turn first... law of physics more than anything.

Stick at it, if you really smash the jets you can get the hang of it. Saying this i've not played in months so im being left behind in terms of flight hours so no doubt i'll be completely w**k by the time i get to play again.

Getting better at using the jets, been using them for hours today LOL.

Although I have no idea what an afterburner is :eek:

Afterburner is Shift button on PC. So should be whatever button sprint is on console.

Dredz I've yet to kill anyone with it lol!? Watched a few vids on youtube where they fly it into people, but wasn't sure if they culled it after the beta.
Didn't seem to work when I tried, though probs didn't hit them hard enough.

Clio 1.2 16v
Liam, the afterburner is only on the jets on conquest, the jets on rush don't have them. the easiest way to turn is by holding L2 to slow down as you turn much quicker. As for the unlocks you go into the screen where you change your gun setups and there's tabs at the top for Land and Air, you change the Jet weapons on that screen.

James yeah you have to hit them at a certain point. The way i do it is to hover above there head then slam the brake on and hit the top of their head lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
You can still 'run people over' with the MAV on PS3, managed it the other night for the first time :)

Fiesta ST-3
So two days playing this game and I am officially s**t at It haha! Flying jets is impossible, I have no perks yet so just keep getting lock on me and dying. Tis stupid!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Liam, the afterburner is only on the jets on conquest, the jets on rush don't have them. the easiest way to turn is by holding L2 to slow down as you turn much quicker. As for the unlocks you go into the screen where you change your gun setups and there's tabs at the top for Land and Air, you change the Jet weapons on that screen.

James yeah you have to hit them at a certain point. The way i do it is to hover above there head then slam the brake on and hit the top of their head lol

Sorted, mwah.

lol gonna have to try that!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just bought this game, my treat for going shopping, 767mb download! WTF, better be worth it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Happy christmas all, this is my first post in a couple of months as I decided to have a CS sabatical! :)

Anyway in the meantime I have been playing this game a fair bit, about 60 hours or so now - completed Engineer and Support now working on Assault. Recon seems pretty weak now though compared to in BC2, without the mortar strikes and the motion sensors aren't as good either.

Overall, despite a couple of bugs (flashing green light on the screen at times, occassionally failing to find games or crashing when entering etc) this has to be the best FPS online game I've ever played. I have mainly been switching between Support and Engineer, as both are great all rounders. Recently started to use mortars and to be honest they seem a bit too good, probably should have limited ammo or something to balance them out?

Need to spend more time in jets and choppers though to get more unlocks.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Happy christmas all, this is my first post in a couple of months as I decided to have a CS sabatical! :)

Anyway in the meantime I have been playing this game a fair bit, about 60 hours or so now - completed Engineer and Support now working on Assault. Recon seems pretty weak now though compared to in BC2, without the mortar strikes and the motion sensors aren't as good either.

Overall, despite a couple of bugs (flashing green light on the screen at times, occassionally failing to find games or crashing when entering etc) this has to be the best FPS online game I've ever played. I have mainly been switching between Support and Engineer, as both are great all rounders. Recently started to use mortars and to be honest they seem a bit too good, probably should have limited ammo or something to balance them out?

Need to spend more time in jets and choppers though to get more unlocks.

I have to agree. Nothing else comes close. It has it's failings - and frustratingly the majority of those failings have been put into the game and didn't exist in previous BF games. The lack of 6-man squads. The auto-repair of vehicles (though that can be disabled from a server control). The unlimited vehicle ammo. The nigh-on useless infantry AA. Lack of AA full stop, on a lot of maps, etc. But these things aside, it is brilliant - even if it does appear to be teetering on the edge of COD-based achievement & unlock frenzy.

D.

Just bought this game, my treat for going shopping, 767mb download! WTF, better be worth it.

That's nowt. The last one was nearly 4GB on the PC. ;)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
People earlier saying they don't like Operation Metro on Conquest...that has to be one of my favourite maps. The B flag skirmishes can be epic and great for multi kills if you have an RPG or something, had multi-kills of 4 or 5 people in a single shot several times.

But then, and this is why I love this game, you go onto the next map and it will have a completely different setup requiring totally different tactics. In COD I pretty much used the same class and tactics for each prestige, it never required or encouraged me really to try new stuff, just all about levelling up. In BF3 yes you want to level up but as you level in different classes it encourages you to try new things.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren you played the Back To Karkand maps yet?

Yes James - and I love them. The only criticism I'd say (especially on the Gulf of Oman) is the lack of AA against a good American side with their aircraft carrier out in the bay. They will rape you, hard. I remember on the original BF2 version where there were SAM missile sites on the beach area. They weren't guaranteed to down aircraft, but at least it was a deterrent. Unless you've got some good fly-boys on your Russian side, it can be a very one-sided map.

People earlier saying they don't like Operation Metro on Conquest...that has to be one of my favourite maps. The B flag skirmishes can be epic and great for multi kills if you have an RPG or something, had multi-kills of 4 or 5 people in a single shot several times.

But then, and this is why I love this game, you go onto the next map and it will have a completely different setup requiring totally different tactics. In COD I pretty much used the same class and tactics for each prestige, it never required or encouraged me really to try new stuff, just all about levelling up. In BF3 yes you want to level up but as you level in different classes it encourages you to try new things.

Bingo. Few FPSs have that trait to them, imo.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes I don't think I have got ANY XP from the AA installments yet, there only seem to be a couple in the game and in poor locations - where are they all?!?!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I don't think I have got ANY XP from the AA installments yet, there only seem to be a couple in the game and in poor locations - where are they all?!?!

Couple that with the auto-repair function that most servers seem to leave enabled - means that you're in for a VERY frustrating time against vehicles! :)

D.

AK

M240i
Been trying to level up all my classes recently. Sniper being the hardest for me, till you get a good gun you're really s**t, lol.

Mito Sportiva 135
Couple that with the auto-repair function that most servers seem to leave enabled - means that you're in for a VERY frustrating time against vehicles! :)

D.

Tanks and other land vehicles I have no problem taking out...C4, RPG, stingers, mortars or even just grenade launcher attachment. I know you didn't like the laser darts in BC2 but I actually thought that system worked pretty well.

AK yes sniper seems hardest to get points with and seems harder than BC2 to get long range kills, my best so far is only 300 bonus.

Suzuki Jimny
I quite enjoy sniping, but not when they are quite far away as I can't seem to hit anything :(

I shot at the same guy 10 times last night but they all went under/over him!

DCi
I had some little helo with a minigun on the front and I was spamming this guy on a rooftop but not getting any hit markers... he took me down with a RPK... weird :/ I'm bad at flying

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a good game on Shaquai earlier as sniper, prone on a ledge on the first floor of the construction flag pointing to the top of the tv station.

Headshot after headshot, they kept popping up so I kept shooting them :)

Yes James - and I love them. The only criticism I'd say (especially on the Gulf of Oman) is the lack of AA against a good American side with their aircraft carrier out in the bay. They will rape you, hard. I remember on the original BF2 version where there were SAM missile sites on the beach area. They weren't guaranteed to down aircraft, but at least it was a deterrent. Unless you've got some good fly-boys on your Russian side, it can be a very one-sided map.

D.

Yea agree mate.
I've spent 95% of my time on Strike at Karkand tbh lol! Does play very differently to the previous, but not in a bad way! Really enjoy the infantry fighting in it.
Been wacking out the sniper kit. Really satisfying picking out moving headshots!

Though I don't really play with anyone else on it, many a time I do think how epic a scenario I've just played would be with a group of guys in a proper squad, with voip.
Squad orders I really like too. Easy way of racking up points.

When I get bored of that map I'll probably switch to wake or something.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yea agree mate.
I've spent 95% of my time on Strike at Karkand tbh lol! Does play very differently to the previous, but not in a bad way! Really enjoy the infantry fighting in it.
Been wacking out the sniper kit. Really satisfying picking out moving headshots!

Though I don't really play with anyone else on it, many a time I do think how epic a scenario I've just played would be with a group of guys in a proper squad, with voip.
Squad orders I really like too. Easy way of racking up points.

When I get bored of that map I'll probably switch to wake or something.

It's well worth it if you can manage it. The guys I normally team up with are usually much better than me - so I try an back them up in some form of support role. It really does add an extra dynamic to the game when you can immediately call out to a potential target to the two/three guys in your squad that are ahead of you. Not only that, but calls for medikits and ammo bags are pretty much instant. In fact, I normally preempt such things by chucking an ammo bag or medikit at a squad member anyway and telling them that I've done it. :)

I just really miss 6-man squads though. BF players of old will remember just how much extra 'clout' it added to your squad. In particular two snipers/recon providing overwatch for a point, while the other four squad members attacked it. Awesome.

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm not to bad tbf, 744m is my longest headshot. Jedayegeordie has a 976m or something daft. 980m is max apparently.

Isn't the highest on PS3 over 2000m? So it says on the leaderboards anyway, must of been a lucky shot off a chopper or something... Had a few long range hit markers, proper gutted lol My longest is around 620m iirc.

It's well worth it if you can manage it. The guys I normally team up with are usually much better than me - so I try an back them up in some form of support role. It really does add an extra dynamic to the game when you can immediately call out to a potential target to the two/three guys in your squad that are ahead of you. Not only that, but calls for medikits and ammo bags are pretty much instant. In fact, I normally preempt such things by chucking an ammo bag or medikit at a squad member anyway and telling them that I've done it. :)

I just really miss 6-man squads though. BF players of old will remember just how much extra 'clout' it added to your squad. In particular two snipers/recon providing overwatch for a point, while the other four squad members attacked it. Awesome.

D.

Yea thats one of the biggest issues I have, requesting ammo/medic and no one giving me it.
Plus actually attacking a flag in a coordinated manner.
I love being the backup guy, reviving and giving out health/ammo and that.

Agree with the six man squad thing. Much much preferred that. Would far rather have six man squads and only squad leader respawns, rather than 4 and all player respawns.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't the highest on PS3 over 2000m? So it says on the leaderboards anyway, must of been a lucky shot off a chopper or something... Had a few long range hit markers, proper gutted lol My longest is around 620m iirc.

Its a glitch apparently, 980m is max you can get with a bullet. But if you go engineer and drive eod bot 2000m then get a headshot kill with it, that also counts. I may be wrong mind.