ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pc question

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
After looking at all the imaculate cars on here I have invested in a pc (plus i got fed up polishing n waxing by hand) why did a choose black gold hey ;)
anyway was just wondering how do you know for def that the polish is broken down n is ready to be wiped off?

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
well that is another thing at the mo i'm using meg 3 step,would that be ok until it's used up or would you put it on the self n get some other

106 GTi
Megs 3 step 1 and 2 wont do much for any swirls. You will need a decent poilsh to do any paint correction.

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
cheers, if i can get my car to look half as good as yours i'll be well chuffed

I have to slightly disagree with you Rich, I've used Megs 1/2/3 with the pc to give spot on results, in fact my old show n shine winning scooby was done with them. Though I will admit there are some far better products out there

106 GTi
Not doubting the results in Gloss and that they can be used by PC, but read what I said - remove swirls with Megs Step 1? Really?

Yep sorry but I have used step 1 to remove swirls, hard and slow work but yes it will work, and that was on resprayed 2k paint so harder than normal Subaru paint. But as I said there is better out there, but for an over the counter product only step 3 I think is a waste of space (no durability)

106 GTi
The Step 1 megs is more of a chemical cleaner than it is abrassive swirl remover, never removed anything other than very light marring with it here. Cleans paint up quite nicely in a Klasse AIO kind of way. There now discountinued Medallion Paint cleaner had the same kind of results as well, but did not touch the swirls.

In the Megs range #9, #82 and #80 by PC are the minimum of what has been required to impact on any real swirls and marring here.

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
may as well use the bottles up then coz theres not to much left.Been doing some reading about sealants is it best to apply 1 or 2 coats or can you get away with just a coat of wax? how about putting it on with the pc or would you just do it by hand?

106 GTi
For winter time protection a couple of coats of sealant with a coat of wax on top is ideal. If you just going for one coat of wax make sure you get something durable.

I tend to apply waxes and sealants by hand, as I find the pads absorb alot of product which just gets wasted when you wash them out. Both work well by machine though.