ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Rome Total War 2

Nissan 350z
I've had it on pre-order for months cant wait! I've enjoyed every Total War game so far and I cant see this one being a disappointment either.
Fingers crossed theres another "Blood Pack" DLC on the way too like Shogun had :)

Nissan 350z
Are you playing it now Cookie, it unlocked at 8am right?

How was the install, does it have much more to download or is the preload all there is and it just needs to unpack? I'm just trying to figure out if its worth me popping home at lunch to kick if off ready for this evening :)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I wish!

4 hours just disappeared and I've barely scratched my campaign :eek:

Shame I'm training in the head office for the next 2 days so barely any time to place. Normal service resumed on Friday though :p

It just unpacks. My RTW2 directory is 18.5 gig.

Nissan 350z
Well i sunk 7hrs into it yesturday as Iceni and stopped after taking over all of the British Isles by around turn 32.

My biggest gripe is the speed of the battles. What is the point in them investing all this time/effort into animating soldiers faces and the likes if you dont get the opertunity to zoom in and see any of it. Combat happens so fast you have to stay zoomed out to keep up with the flow of the battles, which I'm averaging at 6mins per battle. That includes seiges!

Way too short :(

Nissan 350z
Well despite my gripes with the game its still a great game overall!

All the people crying about bugs, AI etc are really showing their lack of knowledge. EVERY total war game since Medieval2 has been buggy as hell at launch and acting like Rome2 is unique in this is just not the case. The promised weekly patches are certainly helping though, i was impressed at the size of the patch notes for the Friday just gone :)

Just watched RoosterTeeths overlook of this, Great detail and looks like it could be a long game to play. Might give it a shot, but the only stratergy game I've played is Kessen 2 and thats not really stratergy... more of I got more people than you. I win lol

Nissan 350z
... more of I got more people than you. I win lol

If you auto-resolve battles instead of fighting them (where you normally command your troops) then this game can essentially boil down to that too if you so wanted :p

I do a mix of both. If its an easy win where i out number them i let it auto resolve. If its a close call, or a loss then i will fight it myself.

British "painted ones" swordmen are my get s**t done troop of choice. :cool: