ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Speakers

What do you want from them? If you're after a decent 5.1 setup than you will struggle. I have a crappy 2.1 and it actually sounds really good. Although I use cans for everything on PC anyway.

182 Cup
What do you want from them?

It's a present for the other half for Christmas - it's not for gaming or anything like that, she'll use them for playing her itunes collection mostly.

So a nice rich sound that fills the room would be nice. I'm open to suggestions as I don't really have any great knowledge of PC hardware.

Seems that she'll like pretty much any half decent 2.1 system. I would just buy the most expensive that fit inside your budget. That's not always the best bet, but for that money I think its the best plan.

Logitech X-530. Loud. Clear. Subwoofer.

I'm sure Z220s etc (costing £££s) are another level when you get to really, really, really loud but I am continually astounded at the clarity, volume and bass the X-530 provides, nevermind when you consider the price.

The clarity continues well into "someone standing next to you has to shout" type volume, and even at max volume the dip in sound quality is noticeable but it's not unbearable. Definitely one of the best bits of money spent on my PC. These have been around a while now and something technically better may have come along, but I can't praise the difference these make over any "normal" speakers enough. I paid £40 5 years ago and although these do appear to have gone up in price I'm sure they can be had for less than what ebuyer are asking.

Is it a PC or a laptop? Important question as I think you'll find not many laptops have enough "sockets" to plug in a 5.1 or 7.1 setup whereas even the most basic of circa 2005 computers have minimum 5.1 outputs. Having said that you can use these speakers with a stereo source (e.g. a laptop, PS3 etc) with the included adaptor and a 3.5mm to RCA adaptor (not included) but the subwoofer is a bit weaker. Though presumably the same can be said for a 2.1 setup plugged into a stereo output - regardless, all your music is in stereo anyway.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Another vote for Logitech, I've had a number of their systems and they are really good, their customer service is excellent as well.