ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC vs Mac

Revels Mum & Sister
Another thing I think is that I work in IT and 99% of my work is PC/Server based in a Windoze environment, I like a change and the mac provides that!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Rich said:
Didnt get a dodgy battery with your MBP then? ;) Tainted the ownership experience of mine.

I got one with my Powerbook :)

I'm grateful, free new battery! Bonus.

Just need to charge it and send the old one back, I'm using the "danger" battery at the moment!

Rasclart said:
I use a PC for gaming becase lets face it MAcs are sh*te for gaming.

But for everything else they pwn.

I like Macs, but how do they own? Serious question. What does a Mac do that a PC cannot?

Revels Mum & Sister
Its not about what they do its about how they do it.

I find it far more user friendly. It hardly ever errors in a program. No spyware/virus problems. I love the way the design works, all the shortcut keys, the Widgets. Ease of Install and removing programs.

How well it integrate with Itunes, Frontrow, design, cant hear the thing totally noise free, performance

I could go on but you get the drift. And it does all this out the box

A red missile
sn00p said:
I've been in floods of tears since the pc meanies started picking on me! ;)

You've almost doubled your post count as well, how does that saying go - empty vessels make the most noise?

VaVa
Roy Munson said:
I haven't seen anyone getting upset. As is often the case, the people causing a hint of controversy are those who have no interest in the topic. Yes I am a geek. Your job must be sh*te if you feel the need to sit there spamming topics that bore you ;) Don't you have something to sweep up?

You can come and sweep up for me sweetheart. I'm not the one that went for the cheap model remember.... ;)

Do you work in IT?

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR
Used to do a Computing based degree programming etc then moved to Games Design hence lots of use in Macs etc for Maya and other 3d Apps.

I still use a PC because i prefer them.

And also moved away from a computing degree into Automobile mechanics and design. So im currently learning engine design etc.

However im a gadget person so im into computers as well. However I seem to spend most of my time on the forums after i have come back from a night out....funny that ust come back from the pjama party around manchester...my god the women! pictures to follow if people want.

However i think it shows i picked my Citroen C4 as my new car i mean what other car do you get as many gadgets with!?

Rasclart said:
Its not about what they do its about how they do it.

I find it far more user friendly. It hardly ever errors in a program. No spyware/virus problems. I love the way the design works, all the shortcut keys, the Widgets. Ease of Install and removing programs.

How well it integrate with Itunes, Frontrow, design, cant hear the thing totally noise free, performance

I could go on but you get the drift. And it does all this out the box

Sounds fair enough to me :)

Laingo said:
You can come and sweep up for me sweetheart. I'm not the one that went for the cheap model remember.... ;)

Do you work in IT?

I'm not realy sure what your point is. Cheap model? I presume you mean the car? Can't be arsed to go down that route :D

No, I don't work in IT.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
63/500 said:
You've almost doubled your post count as well, how does that saying go - empty vessels make the most noise?

Crikey, you're keeping an eye on my post count, I've got my own e-stalker! ;)

btw, posts in here and general don't count.....

Revels Mum & Sister
Roy Munson said:
I'm not realy sure what your point is. Cheap model? I presume you mean the car? Can't be arsed to go down that route :D

No, I don't work in IT.

He means the fact you bought a PC over the Mac

172 ph1
Last time I used a mac there was a button missing in the top right of each window - how do you make the windows fit the screen?

Weeman sucks ****
'Horses for courses'.

All PC users will say mac's are s**t and vice versa. Both as bad as one another and both can do their own thing. End of!

Yawn

The only difference I care about is that OSX looks faaaaaaaar better than Windows, yes I'm a vain designer!

Rasclart said:
He means the fact you bought a PC over the Mac

Ah yeah I did wonder if that's what he meant, but that just sounded far too retarded. There's nothing cheap about TheBeast2, and it would hand any Mac it's ass on a plate when it comes to what matters - Games :cool:

On a more serious note, your platform of choice is basically just personal preference. The killer question is; are you a games monster? If the amswer is yes the the PC wins hands down. If the answer is no then just choose whatever suits your budget and desires.

Tesla MP3 2021
iam i die hard pc user,
but after seeing and using the new imac with the 20" screen it is an awesome peice of kit. so i needed a new keyboard for my pc so i bought the new mac pro one...works a treat:)