ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XBOX360] Left 4 Dead 2

Skoda Fabia vRS
CANCELLED !!!

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent order with Tesco Entertainment for 'Left 4 Dead 2' for Xbox 360.

Unfortunately, there was an error in the price at the time that you placed your order, and as a result we have had to cancel this item in your order. You have not been charged for this game and the remainder of your order will be dispatched as normal.

We apologise for the inconvenience and would like to offer you £2 off your next order with Tesco Entertainment

AK

M240i
Thank you for your recent order with Tesco Entertainment for 'Left 4 Dead 2' for Xbox 360.

Unfortunately, there was an error in the price at the time that you placed your order, and as a result we have had to cancel this item in your order. You have not been charged for this game and the remainder of your order will be dispatched as normal.

We apologise for the inconvenience and would like to offer you £2 off your next order with Tesco Entertainment. Please enter eCoupon code XXXXXX at the online Entertainment checkout to claim your discount. This offer is valid until 31st December 2009.

Please refer to our terms and conditions on the Tesco Entertainment site for further details of our order acceptance policy.

If you would like to re-order the game, it will be available again this week on our website at the correct price of £36.71.

Kind regards,

Tesco Customer Service

---

w*****s lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
CANCELLED !!!

Dear Customer,

We apologise for the inconvenience and would like to offer you £2 off your next order with Tesco Entertainment

We apologise for the inconvenience and would like to offer you £2 off your next order with Tesco Entertainment. Please enter eCoupon code XXXXXX at the online Entertainment checkout to claim your discount. This offer is valid until 31st December 2009.

Please refer to our terms and conditions on the Tesco Entertainment site for further details of our order acceptance policy.

If you would like to re-order the game, it will be available again this week on our website at the correct price of £36.71.

Kind regards,

Tesco Customer Service

---

w**kers lol.

^^^ - someone at Tesco's pricing dept will have a sore ring-piece for that error! ;)

D.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
mottheeerr fuckkker canceled i ordered one for me and one for my mate, and he gave me 15 quid :( means i have to give it back now

Partner's Astra SRi
Aren't they suppose to honour the price? Isn't it like in a shop when they price something wrong? It's their mistake, they should deal with it

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Pfft you should be spending your time practising drifting on Forza with the Z i gave you ;)

Get it on Xbox so i can beat you at this too ;)

Edit: i don't actually think it's out for PS3...

aye i should, im s**t at driftini :dapprove: but i like doing spec-ops on mw2 as its challenging ..

I dont intend on buying any other game for the xbox man, as i only bought it for forza reason :) but i shall see, rumours went that Alymac was gettin a shitbox, yet another game i can kick his ars at haha :)

aye i should, im s**t at driftini :dapprove: but i like doing spec-ops on mw2 as its challenging ..

I dont intend on buying any other game for the xbox man, as i only bought it for forza reason :) but i shall see, rumours went that Alymac was gettin a s**tbox, yet another game i can kick his ars at haha :)

oi! will be on tomorrow night for special ops if your around jay

Golf R32
Shame their not honoring the price, but they weren't obliged to. Shop aren't obliged to if its priced wrong on the shelf either.

Never played the original, but interest was raised because of an online review of Fallout recommended this.

Been playing the demo of this today on my lap top, and whilst its good and entertaining to have a blast, it hasn't exactly blown me away. Full game might be different, but graphically seemed bit arcade like and level wise despite the relatively large map it seemed very linear.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Aren't they suppose to honour the price? Isn't it like in a shop when they price something wrong? It's their mistake, they should deal with it

wrong, the price is only an 'invitation to buy', if it scans at the till at a higher price its up to the shop if they want to sel it you at the lower price, you only enter into a 'contract' once money has changed hands and the transaction is complete

i wont be paying £40 for it, only ordered it because it was cheap, it can wait until xmas when it will no doubt be £25-£30 anyway

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
oi! will be on tomorrow night for special ops if your around jay

Ha ;) i wont be on tommorow night, im going to watch Paranormal Activities in the cinema with 2 birds, 1 each side ;) haha, so i shall be on wednesday if your lucky

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Shame their not honoring the price, but they weren't obliged to. Shop aren't obliged to if its priced wrong on the shelf either.

Never played the original, but interest was raised because of an online review of Fallout recommended this.

Been playing the demo of this today on my lap top, and whilst its good and entertaining to have a blast, it hasn't exactly blown me away. Full game might be different, but graphically seemed bit arcade like and level wise despite the relatively large map it seemed very linear.

If you're after some deep and complex FPS, then this isn't it! The user guide (for what it is) is simply 1 sheet of paper within the case. The easiest way I can describe it would be to get the original Doom and make it available to 4-players at once. There is however, a subtle depth going on to the way it plays. If you play with 3 other players of similar ability to yourself, it really does shine - especially if you complement each other with your weapon selections.

The only thing lacking, imo - is a little bit of character specialization. I don't mean full-blown RPG skill trees - but it would be great if each player had a bonus and/or negative to their abilities within the game. Say Ellis (with him being a redneck) having an accuracy or reload time bonus with a shotgun, and maybe Coach (with him being the biggest player physically) - having a bonus with melee weapons, etc. I'm thinking along the lines of the old Gauntlet arcade game with each player having the skills that the other three lacked.

D.

172 Cup
Surely Tesco have to sell the game at the advertised price at time of purchase? Isn't this the law?

Nope. For some reason everyone seems to think it's the law but it's not. Naïve general public unaware of the law at the end of the day.

Any advertised price is simply an "Invitation to treat". In simple terms the advertised price is invitation for a potential buyer to purchase the item. It's up to the seller to accept the buyers offer or refuse it.

AK

M240i
Nope. For some reason everyone seems to think it's the law but it's not. Naïve general public unaware of the law at the end of the day.

Any advertised price is simply an "Invitation to treat". In simple terms the advertised price is invitation for a potential buyer to purchase the item. It's up to the seller to accept the buyers offer or refuse it.

I was looking at this the other day, 'technically' the Order confirmation e-mail is the binding contract, however Tesco have it in their T&Cs they can change price if it's mis-printed right up until they take the money.

Skoda Fabia vRS
an order confirmation isnt a binding contract, its only confirming they have received your order, until money is taken no contract has been entered into

Skoda Fabia vRS
if they have done that, get onto customer services, they have to sell it to you, ive not checked my bank yet

is it on your statement

I check my bank online almost daily, And it went down £15.00 Pretty sure i didnt have any outgoing transactions going on at the time, But it takes a few days to catch up and tell me where the debit was taken from, If it does say tesco what shall i do contact customer services?

I have a feeling it wont though.

I check my bank online almost daily, And it went down £15.00 Pretty sure i didnt have any outgoing transactions going on at the time, But it takes a few days to catch up and tell me where the debit was taken from, If it does say tesco what shall i do contact customer services?

I have a feeling it wont though.

[FONT=&quot]It wouldn't have been taken. When you pay online, your bank authorises the amount and temporarily removes it from your spending balance.

It won't show as a transaction.[/FONT]

This happened to me too (£30 was taken from my balance, and now it's available again, but no transaction will show)

I eat my words.

I've just checked my bank and I've been charged £30 from Tesco (2 games)!

No refund there!

AK

M240i
I eat my words.

I've just checked my bank and I've been charged £30 from Tesco (2 games)!

No refund there!

By law you should receive the games then!

Hold on a minute i got charged too, it did get refunded tho?!?

By law you should receive the games then!

Hold on a minute i got charged too, it did get refunded tho?!?

Mine was 100% not refunded.

My balance and available balance are the same too, so nothing currently pending :( Loosers!

Skoda Fabia vRS
checked mine and its on my statement, £15, then £15 refund !

ive sent them an email stating that since the payment was taken we have entered into a contract and therefore they have to supply to goods i have ordered

AK

M240i
Copy and paste here and supply e-mail address also, please ;)

Edit: You should also say you have a £2 off voucher code and would like to redeem that against the £15 LOL!

Mito Sportiva 135
Re: anyone play l4d2 on 360?

Does the demo count lol?! May buy the whole game, its bloody wicked!

Re: anyone play l4d2 on 360?

haha lol ALL of them if i can

yh its a cool game all guns blazzing mercking zombies!!

mk5 fiesta zetec s
just got a bank statement because i ordered two. 30 pounds out and none gone back in. what has everyone else done to get there cash back?