ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XBOX360] Left 4 Dead 2

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Re: [PC] Left 4 Dead 2

s**t - yeah! They've managed it - the developers have actually managed to make the sequel a massive improvement over the original! :cool:

left4dead22009-11-2019-54-39-50.jpg

left4dead22009-11-2019-34-46-48.jpg

left4dead22009-11-2019-54-07-04.jpg

MW2 can go hump itself - this is where its at. Seriously.

In a superb bit of game design that Infinity Ward seemingly can't get the concept of - every weapon available in L4D2 has a bonus and a negative to its use. The chainsaw allows you to wade through infected close up, but only has limited charge/petrol (?) - the sniper rifles zoom in quite far, so you're open to attack from flank moves - and the powerful shotguns take a long while to reload. To name just a few...

Everything so far seems to be a better improvement on the last game. The quality of the graphics, with a lot more damage effects to the infected being on show, the much bigger maps, the addition of more types of infected - L4D2 is just superb.

Well done Valve. You've done what every sequel should do. Provided more of the same and then some. Just brilliant. :approve:

D.

Revels Mum & Sister

You really hate MW2 don't you ;)

Well I guess there has to be one or two haters to the millions of people who love it.

You cannot compare the two games IMO.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

You really hate MW2 don't you ;)

Well I guess there has to be one or two haters to the millions of people who love it.

You cannot compare the two games IMO.

True. One's ok, but crippled and marred. The other is pure brilliance. Don't get me wrong, as a single player campaign, MW2 was awesome. As an online experience, it's lacking - and certainly doesn't move the series forward over the original MW. As I've said on other threads, the constant death-kill-death-kill routine gets so boring. Especially when I frequently seem to get bullshit kills on other players, when I'm not even aiming and it's purely reflexive. And as the original..... don't even get me started on the unlocks farce... ;)

Just completed the first campaign on L4D2 and probably about to start the 2nd one now. I don't want to rush it through too quickly though. Quality should be savoured - lol.

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I do agree to an extent Darren, not sure if you remember cod1/UO online, but they were so much better, slower paced, alot more skill involved.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Rinsed the campaigns in single player mode over the weekend. Love the way that the end of one campaign kick starts the beginning of the next one - rather than being totally seperate like in the first game.

Still learning which weapon combos suit me best and I keep forgetting about the melee weapons! I tend to still push them away as in L4D1, though blocking a doorway with the chainsaw going at full chat is quite funny.

Couple of weird things have happened though. A few of times I was getting pummeled/nailed by one of the special infected and the AI bots were just around me doing nothing. Dying when help was about 10ft away was a bit annoying. Also on the very last stage where you make the dash over the bridge, I managed to get to the chopper on my own as the other three AI had died. As the chopper flew off with me onboard, it then restarted the level as if I'd died? Weird.

Took quite a few screenshots. I'll get some posted up later.... :)

D.

Looks good, got your friends thing on steam but I take it I have to add you too as I can't just accept it like on PSN/Live?!!

clio 16v
left for dead 2 360

f**k me some of it is hard lol.

Im proper stuck where you have to move the float and they all come rushing in, Been trying to do that bit for the last 3 hours lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Re: left 4 dead 2...£15 brand new at tesco

Just sitting with g/f doing some online shopping for presents for her newphew and neice...just ordered this at £15 for xbox.

just out as well...is it s**te or something???

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/games/xbox-360-left-4-dead-2/8:486321/

Absolutely not, m8 - it's superb!

For £15, that's a bargain. I paid £26.99 on release day for the PC version and its well worth that. Quite rare for a 360 title to be cheaper than the PC one!

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Re: left for dead 2 360

f**k me some of it is hard lol.

Im proper stuck where you have to move the float and they all come rushing in, Been trying to do that bit for the last 3 hours lol

s**t m8 - if you're stuck on that, you will never do the last bit at the end of the game - lol!

What difficulty have you currently got it set to?

D.

How much is delivery online? And is it online only?

Might get it for the xbox, Hasnt had any use since i finished NFS Undercover.

Ordered as well, Wouldnt pay £40 quid for it, Always looking out for these "hot deals" on hotdealsuk site.

Hopefully will get me through xmas boredom if there is any.

clio 16v
Re: left for dead 2 360

s**t m8 - if you're stuck on that, you will never do the last bit at the end of the game - lol!

What difficulty have you currently got it set to?

D.

Hardcore me thinks, Im doing it on co-op and all for of us kept dieing. I gave up at 4am lol.

AK

M240i
Pfft you should be spending your time practising drifting on Forza with the Z i gave you ;)

Get it on Xbox so i can beat you at this too ;)

Edit: i don't actually think it's out for PS3...

AK

M240i
Just played the demo, looks a good game.

Will probably need to get into it and learn all the "baddies" i've no idea what a jockey/charger etc are lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just played the demo, looks a good game.

Will probably need to get into it and learn all the "baddies" i've no idea what a jockey/charger etc are lol

They've added quite a few new 'special' infected this time. The jockey's are just a nuisance, but can be a right pain in the arse when you're reloading or swamped with zombies.

The chargers are easy to take out and spot as they make a whine/roar noise a bit like the T-Rex off Jurassic Park - lol. Simply look where they are and they go running in a straight line towards you. Side-step out the way and they don't take much to kill.

Spitters are a bit of a b**ch - literally. They spit acid at you from a long range and tend to hide behind a lot of obstacles. Easy to take out with ranged weapons, but a pain when you've only got shotguns, etc. Her spit is very damaging to your health - even on Normal difficulty.

Then there's the usual hunters, smokers (b*****ds!) and the tank. Another slight change is the fact that the witch sometimes wanders around - shuffling from one place to the next. Previously, she was always kneeling on the floor - still, unless you disturbed her.

As you say, it is a good game. The beauty of it isn't really apparent straight away, but on the harder difficulties - you really have to stick together in order to survive. Going Rambo will get you dragged off and nailed - leaving the other three to their demise quite quickly. When you have a quartet of like-minded players, its brilliant. Definitely my favourite FPS of the moment. :approve:

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Aye i disturbed a 'witch' and she went skitzo at me lol

I'm not sure if the 'Crowned' achievement is still there in L4D2 as it was in L4D, but you got it by killing a witch with a single shot.

Easiest was with the shotgun. Switch the light off and creep up behind her. Before she turns around - BAM - one shot to the head. You have to be pretty close though!

D.

AK

M240i
Canny wait to get it, i presume there is a storyline to it? The demo felt a bit as though it was just run around shooting zombies, but i suppose you can't really get to grips with a storyline in a demo?