ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

DCi
i saw the youtubes on here then tried the demo on the xbox.

i was instantly dissapointed with the graphics tbh.

i also noticed the framerate was well slower the CoD

granted, it's a demo, so i will see what the reviews say about these 2 things.

AK

M240i
Sure i'd posted in here :S

I've had the demo for a while but not even played it yet lol!

Can't pull myself away from CoD :(

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Give it a few more days.

I hated it due to the speed etc but once your mind gets used to it and away from COD it gets better and better.

S3, Polo
Give it a few more days.

I hated it due to the speed etc but once your mind gets used to it and away from COD it gets better and better.

^100% agree.

It's also NOT the 1-man-army fest that MW2 is. A lack of gay auto-regenerating health makes you play in a slower, more considered way - Its all about the teamwork...

Revels Mum & Sister
ditto, i think its just too slow and clunky.... very haphazard

As per this chap! I prefer the more fast paced pick up and go COD. I felt I spent too much time just running around and then getting killed after dumping a clip into someone.

I will get it though if only for the SP!

Octy VRS
I agree too, the ps3 beta was better than the xbox demo. Don't know if it was the map but it did seem to run a bit smoother. Much prefer the xbox controller but the controls feel a little more clunkier than the ps3 did for some reason
I had another go at the Xbox demo today and Im just not getting on with it. The controls feel awfull now for some reason compared to the PS3 beta. Will reserve final judgement when the PS3 demo is out but it's dropping off my radar at the moment
It seems like a lot of people are having issues with this on Xbox compared to PS3. Here are a couple of comments form AVForums.

MKIII 138
played the demo quite a bit, once you start getting better weapons like the multifire sniper its all good :D

the frame rate is ok, no real problems. it feels chunky.

only thing is the gfx are a bit weak, the lack of AA annoys me on xbox. apparently pc gfx arent much better either.

im worried the demo with its 3 stages is how the rest of the game is.. not that that is a bad thing as you progress through areas after winning check points.. but checkpoints dont feel like a open world where you can roam i.e BF1943 i sometimes like going off on a wander whilst the rest of the people are fighting it out, or perhaps sneaking up round the back.

on bf2 demo it has very limited field to play in so distance sniper is not possible... also you cant lay down ???

all in all if it turns out the demo is restrictive but the full game you can roam anywhere at any time then i would get it (for pc) but if not then i wont bother

Octy VRS
I think it's more the Rush game mode in the demo that restricts it. There is a CTF type mode like in 1943.

MKIII 138
I think it's more the Rush game mode in the demo that restricts it. There is a CTF type mode like in 1943.

that would be cool then !

might get it on steam :) perhaps wait to see if the pc graphics are better updated or maybe even wait for the pc only BF3 which will no doubt have miles better optimised gfx

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Anyone know if your score goes onto the main game... i've almost got 2k kills now i think.

31 dog tags lol.

172 Cup
Anyone know if your score goes onto the main game... i've almost got 2k kills now i think.

31 dog tags lol.

All the scores get reset at the end of the Beta/Demo.

You can transfer the soldier name across into the full game however.

172 Cup
Soldier name?

How would that benefit, i'm guessing they reset all your unlocks etc too.

It benefits a lot as the soldier names are unique in Battlefield games.

For example I had the PC Beta installed within 10 minutes of it being released so my soldier name is simply "Griff" and now no-one else can use it. All the other Griff's out there have to make do with "Griff123", "Griff_77", "Griff1984" and so on.

I can keep "Griff" and use it in the full game now as well.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
But my GT is Spiezels UK, so it'll always be that and noone else can take it...

Gutted that you lose everything though.

172 Cup
But my GT is Spiezels UK, so it'll always be that and noone else can take it...

Gutted that you lose everything though.

I'm referring to the PC version though where keeping retaining the soldier is an advantage. You console players obviously use your GT.

S3, Polo
Demo on PSN NOW!

IMO - Much more polished than BC1. Like Hardcore mode in CoD - doesn't take much to put someone down! IMO, really good fun!

:)

I have to confess though, that adding regenerating health had made it a much more fun game :eek:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Really enjoying it tbh, thought it was out this month though so that upset me abit haha.

I'm on about 250,000 XP now, so gonna be gutted when it resets.

Mondeo STTDCI
Played a large segment of this today.

First impressions - maps are huge and I liked the co-op with people in your squad with different skills etc. Medic reviving me and that.

Didnt like the lack of decent sights on the weapons and my accuracy was poor, and died a lot which wasnt enjoyable. Like spawning on a team mate thats good.

Loved vehicles pretty cool.

But deffo nowhere near as fun as COD MW2.

And I dont like the way it looks either. So I dunno.

All in all - some larger maps on COD with some vehicles would equal awesome.

And how on earth can there be no prone !

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'll have a quick go tomorrow if anybody fancies it, after i've cleaned my baby

can you play with friends on this demo?

Played the demo, loved the parachuting in etc! Its superb great in every way and am looking forward to receiving my £23 copy :p

So much more involving than MW2, also sniper rifles now = 1 hit kill and yes they have the bullet/kill ratio right unlike BFBC1!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm loving it too Brazo.

Apache is mint, especially if your an engineer, (health to 20%, fly to other end of map and repair then back on it)

Cant wait for it to come out. MINT

Integra Type-R DC2
Put a few hours into this over the past few days and I really like it. Always been a fan of the BF series and this hasnt dissapointed. Id of liked them to put maybe a few extra classes in, like in BF2, but thats not much of a complaint.

Rocked up the UAV earlier and got 15 odd kills. Nothing more satisfying than seeing a few bad guys go running into a house, putting a guided missile through the front door, blowing half the building away and getting a few kills to boot.

Never above 25mpg
Played a large segment of this today.

First impressions - maps are huge and I liked the co-op with people in your squad with different skills etc. Medic reviving me and that.

Didnt like the lack of decent sights on the weapons and my accuracy was poor, and died a lot which wasnt enjoyable. Like spawning on a team mate thats good.

Loved vehicles pretty cool.

But deffo nowhere near as fun as COD MW2.

And I dont like the way it looks either. So I dunno.

All in all - some larger maps on COD with some vehicles would equal awesome.

And how on earth can there be no prone !

They implement the "effects" of gravity on this which is quite good.. means you "aim higher" ;) (in a non motivational kind of way). Get alot more headshots through it :approve:

S3, Polo
Didnt like the lack of decent sights on the weapons and my accuracy was poor, and died a lot which wasnt enjoyable...

...And how on earth can there be no prone !

If you kneel and shoot, you're shots become more accurate (you're steadier).

In the full game, you can earn unlockable weapon upgrades (red dots, etc.).

You died lots because you played this like it was CoD. It's not. Think about your surroundings then move - as a team (lol - not a team full of Engineers/ Assaults/ etc)! Any Medic worth their salt will revive you when you're downed.

Prone would make the game f*cking dull. Everyone would play as a Recon and sit in the copious amounts of foliage and it'd be a hateful camp-fest.

As it is, I find it very balanced. Way more so than CoD.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This sounds really, really promising - I think I'll buy it for the PC without trying the demo first! :)

Includes vehicles - great. Engineer class - great. Doesn't play like COD - great. Three ticks for me, so far!

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Got a 30 odd kill streak few days back.

I was in the T-90 with a lad on the 50 and we had the morter tank next to us sitting on the road above the 3rd base area (Apache area) just raining down steel etc with a couple of engineers next to us who would heal us as soon as we got damage. The amount of markers and RPG's coming in was madness but they couldnt kill us.

Still loving it despite the fact i've played that level hundreds of times.

As good as COD is in its own way I think it has 'ruined' other similer FPS as people expect them to be 'like' cod.

Thank f**k its not though ;) Yes you do need to take a different approach to COD, not a hugely different approach though, more so using teh environemnt to your advantage and better team work re the medics and ammo!