ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC9-112 or PC9-501

Hi,

I want to upgrade my Head Unit to a Sony CDX-8800 now it looks like Ill need either a PC9-112 or PC9-501 Smart Lead, does the Dash have to come off to fit both of these? Im not that bothered about maintaining the dash display (as long as it still shows Temp and Time).

Thanks,

Morbius

Sod it,

I really dont want to have to take the Dash off (I am hopeless at stuff like that). Ill have to live without the stalk controls and dash display ,the Sony CDX-M8800 comes with a remote controller anyway...so it should be just a case of pulling the factory fitted one out and sliding the new one in then. I guess I will need a fascia surround as well....anything else I should be looking out for?

Cheers,

Morbius

172, Tiguan

eh?

No you can buy a connects2 smartlead for Sony headunits that will retain both the display and the controls. It can also be fitted without taking the dash apart.

172, Tiguan

:D OK. Bit of a squeeze to get all the wires into the dash, but after a lot of fiddling itll all fit in. Youll see what I mean when you get it.