ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PCD 4 X 100, Cbore OK, ET OK, why dont they fit?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Got hold of some 15 inch 6.5j FOX Black satin wheels off ebay advertised as 4 x 100 PCD, Centre bore a bit bigger than the Clio 172 but got some spigot rings, then tried offering them up today, and they didnt fit? He did say they came from his Mk 1 Ford Focus but as all the dimensions seemed the same, thought they would fit

When measuring the holes, 4 of of course, my existing wheels are 70mm apart and diagonally are 100mm, wheras the ones i bought are 75mm apart and 110 diagonally. So- they dont fit- wrong size, but what size are they?

Did the seller incorrectly detail the size, or am i missing something. Shame- nice wheels, just a few mm out

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
If you really like them you can get PCD and hub bore adaptors, H&R do them if you don't fancy a no-name one. Not the cheapest fix, but maybe you could get the seller to pay half or something rather than going for a refund.

richard1764

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, R33 GTR, UT
Wobble bolts are a less than perfect solution to get you from say 98mm to 100mm PCD or 110mm to 112mm. No way on earth they will do 108mm to 100mm. If they were sold to you as 100mm they have been described incorrectly so you should return and get a refund.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah send them back to save the faff and the what ifs.

Maybe it can be done but me personally wouldn't.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yes- would like to send them back. Bought them about 3 week ago, and like a tart have already left good feedback as he was a nice fella
Anyone want a set of FOX Satin black, 5 spoke 15" pcd 4 x 100 et43 6j wheels (LOL)

Will just stick them back up I think, I should've checked before walking away. Never learn. Not too pricey anyways
Thanks for all advice