ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PE2's to P Zero's, Good Choice??

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Alrite fellas.

Car went in for it's MOT today - it passed :approve: but got a few advisories.

It needs 3 new tyres, one is near the limit and the other two are showing signs of cracking :S although the tread is still good.

I went searching for PE2'S only to find they are no longer available (via the search on here) boo :( I think the PS3 are a bit too much ££.

I seen P Zero's also mentioned in that search and i've got a price for 3 fitted @ £278, does that sound decent? read reviews that they are awful in the wet/snow though!

Any others to maybe consider like say Hankook v12's or Rainsport 2's.

Any advice much appreciated

I'm a bit undecided as you may tell :eek:

Cheers.

BG 182FF
Personally i wouldn't have an odd mix of tyres, 3/1 i'd get 4 of the same, especially on a hot hatch, which is all about grip. you can always keep your good remaining tyre as a spare, or stick it in the for sale section. A decent PE2 will bring a bit of money.

As for tyre choice, just search. it been covered loads, and there's a lot of options on the tyres you suggested. you wont get any different advice to what's already out there.

Clio mk2 172
I had p zero neros on a previous car and found them to be quite stiff on the sudewalls which gave a harsh ride. What about conti's?

Clio 182 FF cup'd
i would avoid P zeros, i bought a full set of them for the 182 and i had them fitted and balanced at birchdown with some suspension top mounts..

Driving home i had a horrendous wheel wobble, i put this down to the tracking being out so after a few weeks i booked my car in at Demon Tweeks for a full laser alignment. Whilst the car was in the air i asked the guy to check the wheel balance.. He soon called me over to the wheel machine and asked me if i had ever heard of "run out" he explained run out is when the tyre bobs up and down on the wheel it is a defect usually associated with low budget tyres. He said there is two ways to get rid of it either shave the tyre so its even, or do a burn out to even the tread out.. I didn’t really want to do either of these things with new tyres!

I had already done about 800miles on them before i knew this was the cause of the wheel wobble so ive just had to live with them, the wheel wobble isn’t really noticeable now they have worn down. Maybe it was just a faulty batch i got but I certainly wont be buying Pirelli's again. As far as performance goes they are fantasic in the wet and dry, i havent found there limits yet and they have been well tested!

Personally i would stick with Hankooks V12 going by peoples feedback.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Personally i wouldn't have an odd mix of tyres, 3/1 i'd get 4 of the same, especially on a hot hatch, which is all about grip. you can always keep your good remaining tyre as a spare, or stick it in the for sale section. A decent PE2 will bring a bit of money.

As for tyre choice, just search. it been covered loads, and there's a lot of options on the tyres you suggested. you wont get any different advice to what's already out there.

Cheers, i'll wade through some more via the search.

I had p zero neros on a previous car and found them to be quite stiff on the sudewalls which gave a harsh ride. What about conti's?

Not really looked at them guessing similar price wise to PS3's

I'll take another look at this tomorrow, past my bedtime :sleepy:

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
i would avoid P zeros, i bought a full set of them for the 182 and i had them fitted and balanced at birchdown with some suspension top mounts..

Driving home i had a horrendous wheel wobble, i put this down to the tracking being out so after a few weeks i booked my car in at Demon Tweeks for a full laser alignment. Whilst the car was in the air i asked the guy to check the wheel balance.. He soon called me over to the wheel machine and asked me if i had ever heard of "run out" he explained run out is when the tyre bobs up and down on the wheel it is a defect usually associated with low budget tyres. He said there is two ways to get rid of it either shave the tyre so its even, or do a burn out to even the tread out.. I didn’t really want to do either of these things with new tyres!

I had already done about 800miles on them before i knew this was the cause of the wheel wobble so ive just had to live with them, the wheel wobble isn’t really noticeable now they have worn down. Maybe it was just a faulty batch i got but I certainly wont be buying Pirelli's again. As far as performance goes they are fantasic in the wet and dry, i havent found there limits yet and they have been well tested!

Personally i would stick with Hankooks V12 going by peoples feedback.

Crikey! think i'll look into some others now!!!

Clio 182 arctic
I had them on when i bought my 182. In the dry they were ok but the car was new so not really pushing on them, what i will say is when they are low they are horrible in the wet. noticeably.

182cup & 172 racecar
We ran on these for a year as they were a control tyre, not very good really, even when shaved down.

Clio 182
See now I had P zero neros 205/45/16 on my Fabia VRS, drove to the Nurburgring and went round etc and I thought they were brilliant tyres for the money.