ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peco exhaust

dan's cast offs.
So I hear someone who does a bit with Renaults is talking to peco about a range of exhausts and decats etc for the Renault sport range. Best bit is there will be a bit of actual development going into it that will even involve rolling road figures as well.

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
I thought peco went bust years ago? Either way it’s always nice to have a decent choice of exhausts! I’m about ready for a new one..

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
So I hear someone who does a bit with Renaults is talking to peco about a range of exhausts and decats etc for the Renault sport range. Best bit is there will be a bit of actual development going into it that will even involve rolling road figures as well.

Wow that's a name from the past !! I had a powermaster on my mk1 XR2 back in the day!! ? decent at the time but as said never heard of peco for years.

What are the gonna do the big bore 4 bag boxes on it!? ?

Presume you will be the distributer for them?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Peco takes me back..i thought they had shut shop and renamed as something else. The quality used to be turd years ago are they any better now ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Peco takes me back..i thought they had shut shop and renamed as something else. The quality used to be turd years ago are they any better now ?

Tbf if they were any good that my would still be a well known name now.
Many better systems out there now !!
Then again 90 plus % of people will not want to spend a car lot on a 1#2 exhaust these days.

Peco exhausts are supposidly now Cybox exhausts in Bromborough. I had a 3" twin exit exhaust for the 6MPS done by them a few years back, mixed reviews really. Booked time of work to go get it done, went down in the morning and left the car with them for 4 hours to get it all sorted. I went and saw a movie and had something to eat to come back at the time specified to tell me 'oh sorry we don't have the correct 3" tubing to fabricate today, and you'll have to come back' no phone call whilst I was out to tell me this either so I'd wasted a full days holiday plus cash burning time. On the plus side the quality of the exhaust was spot on once they finally made it up, and they even changed the back boxes as I wasn't happy first time around with how they droned.

They are also a distributer for powerflow.

dan's cast offs.
It's a bit long winded but they've sort of always existed but under various names over the years due to them 'going bust' a fair few times.

I was next to them a few years ago when they downsized and I ended up with about 1/3 of their original factory. They moved a few times and went bust a few times, kept coming out with plans for what they were going to do but it never really happened.

Management was 'interesting' as well, when I was next to them I got a price on some work but once my car was on the ramp and one of the managers poked his nose in prices became comical to say the least.

It's now at the stage where a friend of mine has bought them out including the original name and has just sorted ownership of the logo out. They still have some original jigs but nothing for Renault so it's something I've been talking to him about doing. It's only still early stages and even when anything is made will have to be chucked on rollers to at least show it doesn't cost any power and hopefully shows some gains.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
It's a bit long winded but they've sort of always existed but under various names over the years due to them 'going bust' a fair few times.

I was next to them a few years ago when they downsized and I ended up with about 1/3 of their original factory. They moved a few times and went bust a few times, kept coming out with plans for what they were going to do but it never really happened.

Management was 'interesting' as well, when I was next to them I got a price on some work but once my car was on the ramp and one of the managers poked his nose in prices became comical to say the least.

It's now at the stage where a friend of mine has bought them out including the original name and has just sorted ownership of the logo out. They still have some original jigs but nothing for Renault so it's something I've been talking to him about doing. It's only still early stages and even when anything is made will have to be chucked on rollers to at least show it doesn't cost any power and hopefully shows some gains.

Wouldn't have bothered with buying name and logo tbh just start a freshly under new branding the name peco has a proper 90s s**t nova SR vibe about it to anyone who remembers it!! ??

dan's cast offs.
Wouldn't have bothered with buying name and logo tbh just start a freshly under new branding the name peco has a proper 90s s**t nova SR vibe about it to anyone who remembers it!! ??

only for the max power generation ? for us more mature ones it's all the old ford and a series mini stuff they did.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I bought a bb4 for my mk2 astra in 1999. Increased the noise 100% and decreased performance. A year of road use and it looked like it had been in the sea it was that rusty ?

There ya go that's what the name peco brings up!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
only for the max power generation ? for us more mature ones it's all the old ford and a series mini stuff they did.

Whichever way you put it nobody will be buying these now. !!
Peco only sold them back in the day because there was f**k all else apart from Ashley exhausts or local kwit fit or maybe a cherry bomb !!??

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Ma
If they’re good quality then they’ll sell themselves

Maybe but still be a stigma attached with the peco name.
May sell a few to the budget end of the market but that's about it imo.
Quality will need to be 100% better than it used to be to compete.

dan's cast offs.
looking at the amount of toyo shite that people buy you can sell anything as long as it looks nice.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
If the backbox was around £100-150 and stainless, I'd imagine they would sell well. Even if they offered no performance increase, I'd pay that for a stainless exhaust that won't need replacing.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
To be fair the Peco name is only dirt to those people who were using them in the mid-late 90's, they went bust not long after and no-one since remembers them.

Anyone older remembers the good systems they did for old Ford's and Mini's, anyone newer won't have a clue.

If the backbox was around £100-150 and stainless, I'd imagine they would sell well. Even if they offered no performance increase, I'd pay that for a stainless exhaust that won't need replacing.

Buy mine for 70 sheets !

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
To be fair the Peco name is only dirt to those people who were using them in the mid-late 90's, they went bust not long after and no-one since remembers them.

Anyone older remembers the good systems they did for old Ford's and Mini's, anyone newer won't have a clue.

Buy mine for 70 sheets !

Like I said had one on my mk1 xr2 back in the day was decent at the time because there was no real other options now there are plenty.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye

Buy mine for 70 sheets !

TBH that toyo one looks bob-on for the money. I'm after a 172 one unfortunately.

I miss them?

35-1.jpg

$_86.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Always wonky too!!

Wonky and rattled like fck on everything?

I had a BB2 that chucked all the baffles out leaving a 100yard trail of what looked like hair behind the car? baffle pipe started rattling about in the empty box as had rotted away. Whacked some 4” screws through the silencer to secure it as temp fix. Replaced for twin peco dtm that left a black stain up the back of the car !

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
If your mates bought the name etc and is having a go at it then best of luck to him. If the quality is good and the price reasonable then I'm sure he will do fine.

As said above, if someone offered a SS back box or system, with dyno proven results, that did not drone, wasn't chav loud and was decently cheaper than a Scorpion/Milltek I would buy it.

dan's cast offs.
mat bought the name a while ago but has just bought the business itself, although they haven't traded under the name for years they've been making exhausts still.

ideally will have something that sounds good, bee it a bit of a rasp or deep tone but not the fookin' horrible ktec drone you get that makes you hate the car and have to drive at over 90mph on the motorway so you can hear yourself think!!!!

i'm sure for the purists we can sort out a cherry bomb/dtm tailpipe option as well ?