ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pedal going straight to the floor then returning, no leaks, bled many times. HELP!

le 205 GTI le trophy
Just fitted new discs pads and braided lines front and rear, bled the system using eezibleed and still have no resistance in the brake pedal with the Engine on or off! The fluid level stays the same as well.any help welcomed as I am losing what little hair I have left over this

Transit & Death trap
Re: pedal going straight to the floor then returning, no leaks, bled many times. HELP

Is that not a sign that your master cylinder is knackered?
Sounds like the seals have gone, especially if you had the problem before fitting the above items and you're sure there are no leaks(fluid or vacuum).

182cup & 172 racecar
Re: pedal going straight to the floor then returning, no leaks, bled many times. HELP

Bleed it again, before you do or spend anything.

Try and get somebody to help you, and do it the old pump the pedal way.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Tony hits the home run... fill the resevoir, open furthest bleed nipple and pump until you get fluid then close that point and move to the next.

It helps to do this with the aid of a friend so air doesn't creep back in via the nipple.

le 205 GTI le trophy

cheers guys, just found out the guy who bled the brakes fully drained the system. Am I right in saying there is likely to be air in the ABS module and I will need someone with the correct computer kit to sort this out? There is no air coming out of any of the bleed nipples.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

How has he fully drained it? If there is air in the module then yes, it will need some professional level equipment to run the purge commands. I'd still get them bled properly first by the two man and pumping the pedal methos first as Tony advised.

le 205 GTI le trophy

cheers mate thanks for that, looks like im going to be needing another tonne of brake fluid then! is anyone aware of anyone thats mobile in Bristol with the correct software to do the job? I don't know how he's managed to do it but needless to say I am annoyed! I will try it the old fashioned way as you suggested but am I not going to be wasting my time? he said he fully drained it so i'm thinking im more than likely going to have air in the ABS? sorry for not just doing it but I am mega skint and dont want to pay for yet more brake fluid if its not likely to solve it. thnaks again for the responses!