ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peformance idea....for hot summer days

182 Cup Racing Blue
With the recent weather being so cold…mainly in the night my 182 cup has been amazing on performance…..it was minus 6 on Saturday night and the engine just performed so well with the dense air. This got me thinking. In the summer the engine suffers from the outside hot air combined with the heat of the engine.
My idea….here we go…..Clio 182 and 172's with Air Con…..what is stopping us using the air produced from this and pumping into the air box rather than the car… would it be possible to design a pipe that comes directly off the air con unit and then into the air intake tube into the air box. The cold air would mix with the air already being sucked in and would lower the temperature thus making performance better on really hot days. I reckon a kit could easily be put together to achieve this idea at a reasonable cost. Obliviously a few tests would have to be done, but I reckon you would see a change in performance.
The only downside to this idea would be you would have no Aircon getting pumped into the car on a hot day but then…..I would rather have performance and just live with the normal fan…..the same as 172 cups have to put up with in the summer. I have just patented this idea……

Give me your views good or bad!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It could be done, but logic would tell me the power required to turn the air con compressor would be greater than gained from having cold air.

RS 172
I've been trying to find the old thread from the Corvette Owners Forum where a guy decided he would redirect the exhaust straight back into the intake as it would be just as good as any force induction. Amazing read lol, just reminded me reading this.

If anyone knows where it is link it up.

cock mobile.
Turning off the a/c would probably give the same performance gain and save petrol.

Also hot summers day and no a/c, feck that!

BMW bus
Im sure I read this exact same idea a couple of months ago and it got absolutely hammered. Not just the usual keyboard warrior type hammering but proper scientific reasons as to why it wouldnt work.
Sadly I cant remember said scientific reasons, but im pretty sure the idea was comprehensively slaughtered.

Shame I cant remember any of it, as it has made this post by me pretty pointless..............