ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People are w*****s.

Nissan Jewk
I left work yesterday, walked around my car and noticed this:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzgtMjAxMDA0MjItMTkxN.jpg

Now I have no idea if this happened at work (in a secure car park), or if this happened at home (I park on the road). As the damage is on the passenger side, I rarely walk around the car to get in, so I can't tell as to when it actually happened. Not happy though.

Respray?

Barge
People who do that do my head in. But I guess if no one was there and saw them do it then they're bound to drive off.

Respray probs, they might just take it back a bit to get rid of the scuff, or fill it slightly then respray the area.

JR mentioned Waddle had had his bumper resprayed recently, might be worth a shout re: how much it cost, etc. Or go to a touch up company.

Get a Skoda splitter on it!

Last edited:
  Clio V6 255
Unfortunately yes, as it's gone through to the base. Is that a new fog light as well? Careless b****rds.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
T-Cut (or less harsh equivalent) down will start by making it look tidier, I'd then consider touching in yourself or using a chips away type person :)

Nissan Jewk
Yep, fog light too, no idea how though!

Jon - whats this smart repair stuff and where can I get it?

172, Tiguan
Just one of these bodywork guys that operate out of a van. Should be able to do a reasonable job of it for a lot less than a bodyshop. Will be some in your Yellow Pages.

RS Clio 172
Kill anybody who goes/parks near the car from now on! Got this on my old Cupra and really annoys me.

Clio 172 Cup
Gutted for you chap. It's just Annoying that people just don't have the courtesy to put there hands up and admit they have caught your car :(

Nissan Jewk
I'm gonna spy on the neighbours cars today and see if any have blue marks on the bumper. Then I will bury said owner of car in my garden. Alternatively, I could question them.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Re: People are w**kers.

A couple of years ago some c*nt reversed over my MR2 about 2 days before I was due to sell it. Even though it was 20 years old it was immaculate and you could say I was a bit miffed to say the least :mad: With it being such a low car I guess the person just didn't even notice they had driven over another car when they were parking. I went around all the cars on the street looking for red paint but never did find out who it was. It must have been one of my close neighbours.

Anyway, my point is you can do quite a good job with a bit of elbow grease and polish yourself.

before:
Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002.jpg

after:
Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Not perfect but the guy buying it didn't even notice and he'd seen it before it happened too. Obviously I didn't mention it :nono: :eek:

Nissan Jewk
I reckon polish will get the bulk of it off, but clearly not where the paint is completely scratched off.

Oh and Iain, I heart you.

Barge
Get a Mondial blue (paint code D43) touch-up pen. Give it a wash and see how bad the damage really is. Some of those lighter ones might well polish out if it hasn't gone down to the primer. Anything really bad, touch it up. Not promising it'll look the best but it won't look as bad - unless you c**k it up.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
When you sell it, tell them its an Armco scar from the ring because you were trying so hard.

I'd pay £100 more.

Nissan Jewk
Thanks Needster and lol @ you tom!

I get the impression that Chips Away smart repair isn't that highly recommended on here judging by the search I've just done?

Barge
Anything which is a franchise is a money making venture... They charge you more for the convenience of coming to you and not having to have your car off the road for a couple of days (as it would be if you went to a bodyshop).

Try and find a company that does smart repairs from a workshop, etc. you might not have your car for a day or so but it'll probably be a better job... Providing you can't get rid of it any other way.

Clio 1970000000

I get the impression that Chips Away smart repair isn't that highly recommended on here judging by the search I've just done?

It's all down to the individual. See if you can get a personal recommendation.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
and I've just had someone put a tow ball through my lower front grill, luckily it's only popped it off the clips, but that coulda been alot worse!

That scratch is just evil though, find them and beat them!

Barge
Not too bad then, Mikey. If you can get it out using products then sweet. Get thee a touch-up stick (£7 quid from Renault) for the other parts and you're laughing.

Nothing at the mo :(

and I've just had someone put a tow ball through my lower front grill, luckily it's only popped it off the clips, but that coulda been alot worse!

That scratch is just evil though, find them and beat them!

see if the car was german the grill would of broken cause the clips would of been strong enough and kept it in place :p lol

Mini Cooper S sport
People are f**king w*****s indeed.

Had that done to both sides of my front bumper on my 182 when I used to have to park on street. People just couldn't be bothered to do another manoevre without hitting the car in front/behind and just forced their way out instead. I used to watch some people parking in the street, scraping other cars and there was nothing I could do about it! So I moved house.

Nissan Jewk

Get a Mondial blue (paint code D43) touch-up pen. Give it a wash and see how bad the damage really is. Some of those lighter ones might well polish out if it hasn't gone down to the primer. Anything really bad, touch it up. Not promising it'll look the best but it won't look as bad - unless you c**k it up.

Not too bad then, Mikey. If you can get it out using products then sweet. Get thee a touch-up stick (£7 quid from Renault) for the other parts and you're laughing.

Good advice :)

Dodgy one

Had one in our paintshop last week, An A5 with a scratch on the drivers door which they made an attempt to repair, Overspray on the whole door and a clearly visible line where they'd turned the fan down and hit it with colour. Ended up been sorted out by us properly! :clown:

ZX6R B1H
Feel for ya matey, M evo was parked up outside work while i was well working lol and heard a Mighty crack came out to this.

27198_425633948312_593758312_4985522_2877278_n.jpg

27198_425647823312_593758312_4985722_10128_n.jpg

Just finished painting it, Put the wheels on etc blar blah. Boot floor has been damaged, inner back panel, lower side panel has split and come away, exhaust has been damaged and the buper is deaded. Lamp panel has been pushed back also.

Not bad for a micra tbh lol