ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with 16v’ers, aged around 20 yo

how many no claims discounts have you guys got? i have been driving for almost 3 years but have always been a named driver on my mums policy. have spoken to Tesco and Direct line and they wouldnt even consider insuring me on a 16v

Quote: Originally posted by tom_1.4_16v on 01 June 2005

how many no claims discounts have you guys got? i have been driving for almost 3 years but have always been a named driver on my mums policy. have spoken to Tesco and Direct line and they wouldnt even consider insuring me on a 16v
Just get a quote, itll vary so much.

Elephant will probably be best.

when i got insured on my valver about 2 years ago i dont think they knew what it was tbh!

I couldnt insure 106 rallyes ect sensibly and got quotes on valvers fine! lol

LiquidPhoto.co.uk

admiral was £900 odd with no ncb fully comp at 20,

gota renewal for £667 but thats without my sp30! :oops: gota get hunting!

i was origanly gona get a RT,, but put a 16v in to have a look, it was only like 50 quid more!

elephant want £892 fully comp, 10 month bonus accelerator hehehehehe

for saying my parents are paying out £1400 a year with cis on my 1.4 16v!

LiquidPhoto.co.uk

admiral/elephant are the best by a million miles for me

just been looking around,, max was 2k, mostly about the 1.2k mark, then admiral is 650 odd, hmm i wonder who to go with!

well.....

Elephant.co.uk quoted me:

fully comp on a 16v , £730 with my mum as a named driver.

fully comp on a Williams, £987 with my mum as a named driver.

change of car time now!!!

Quote: Originally posted by tom_1.4_16v on 01 June 2005

I had 2 years when i first got mine, Adrian Flux were by far the cheapest for me, but it seems to depend as HIC have been cheap for a lot of people too.

[Edited by tadpole on 01 June 2005 at 3:28pm]

Thats an awesome quote from Elephant!

A slow one :-(

Go for the 12month policy! Some companies wont accept the 10 month bonus accelerator when you come to get insurance in the future.

with flux at the mo, when 20 with 2yrs ncb-£750 tpft

going with elephant next year, with all mods declared and my missus on the car as a named driver, came out at bout £630 fully comp

20 years old, 3 years ncb - £750 tpft with admiral with mods declared (lowered and exhaust) - with all members of my family as named drivers (dad, mum and bro) - should have been alot cheaper but they screwed me over for £100 for "admin fees" :mad:

£730 fully comp @ 20! :eek: Do it!

when i was 21 i paid £1200 f/c with highway, with no ncd & 350.00 excess.
thats on a standard valver & just me on the policy.

how times change, now im 24 with 3 yrs ncd & its £360.00 f/c !!!
sweet.

LY 200

Thats a good deal mate!!!

I paid elephant £1270 tpft with 10k limited milage last year @ 19!!!

Now 20 with a years ncd and they want £850 tpft!!!