ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people with valvers

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
just wondering how much £££ worth of fuel fills ure tank when the petrol light is on, £30 fills mine to the brim but my mates was £40:S, jus tryin to find out whether my petrol gauge is being a ***** of a lier!! lol

Twingo 133
£40ish really pending how empty the tank is, but its a 50litre tank so you could work it out on that.
Purhaps you have a fuel tank from a non 16v model? as there 40litre and would be round the £30 mark.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Always squeeze near 50 litres in mine at fill ups at 87.9 for super unleaded (sainsburys)

You have a 5-7 litre reserve tank. I usually gauge 40 miles of distance from when light is constantly on. Only misjudges once 0.5 mile away from petrol station.

You also can get a bit more in after pump cuts out which I guess just then fills up filler tube.

Vee dub
Same as Neil normally... £41-42 on Optimax....

Mine simply drinks... no downs the fuel if its only a tenner I put in.. Much better when filled up.. makes sense I guess

320d
Yep approx £40 for a full tank

The bias on the gauge is top heavy so if full you'll get approx 200 miles before the gauge reads 'half' full then prob about 100 miles from the bottom 'half' of the tank

Valver
less than 300 about 260-270 and the light comes on before then! But then that isnt driving it like a granny so...

Mine is mixed, do alot of motorway type miles sat at a constant speed, with a bit or thrashing mixed in

Round cadwell i got 60 miles to 2/3 of a tank

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
I get about 200 max from a full tank in my hybrid, but I only drive on local roads, with speed humps, width restrictions, speed cams and sh*t loads of traffic, so there is a lot of slowing down and speeding up.

I do have a minor fuel leak though, which I still can't find, but can sure smell it!!

Mk1 Clio
on £45 I got from newcastle to lincon and back and light was on.

All motor way miles but the car was full of stuff since we was going on holiday.

Clio 200FF Cup RB
James Clio 16v said:
I get about 200 max from a full tank in my hybrid, but I only drive on local roads, with speed humps, width restrictions, speed cams and sh*t loads of traffic, so there is a lot of slowing down and speeding up.

I do have a minor fuel leak though, which I still can't find, but can sure smell it!!

Is your fuel pump ok? Mine had a leak, because rubber, that thightens it, wasnt applied properly. Fuel pump is under the back seat, in about the middle of the car.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
Duli said:
Is your fuel pump ok? Mine had a leak, because rubber, that thightens it, wasnt applied properly. Fuel pump is under the back seat, in about the middle of the car.

The fuel pump is fine, only smell the fuel through the vents when the car starts from cold. Don't smell it at any other time.

I'm going to prime the pump a few times to increase pressure and check for leaks in the whole system.