ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peoples thoughts on good suspension set ups...

Arctic 182, GTD
I've got a 182 cup, its on a 2004 plate and still on its standard shocks and springs. I was thinking of just buying brand new genuine Renault shocks with some H&R springs, it'll put me back about £320. But I was wondering what other peoples thoughts would be, I'm not particularly looking for lows, more handling to be honest.

Opinions please :)

225 Cup & Williams
New standard shocks with eibach sportline springs. I'm running this setup on my 172 albeit 172 cup shocks and I think it's a great setup for the money.

Zetec YO!!!!!
I'm running H&R coilovers, and I find them harsh for the driving I do.

I'm thinking of going back to 172 cup dampers and sportlines, everyone seems to recommend this setup for the road. If you want even more handling whiteline ARB's are meant to be a good investment.

Arctic 182, GTD
yeah well to be honest, I've got a work van now, so the clio is only for occasional weeknight driving and weekend blasts :) but I used to run a spax psx kit on my old mk5 ZS and loved it but was abit harsh sometimes. I dunno what to do really...

Arctic 182, GTD
Cheers for that mate. Has anyone at all run H&R springs on standard shocks?? Just thought id like to do somethig different from the norm you no.