ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance French Car Clio 172 Feature

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi all,

We are starting a feature with Performance French Car Magazine in the January issue (on sale December 14th) on the 172/182. The series will cover 8 months and is a guide to producing a good road going trackday car on a sensible budget. The car to be used is a 172 Phase 1 2000 Model in black, we already have this car but I am looking for some members to bring their cars down for a quick chat about their ownership experiences with the magazine, have the cars photographed etc.

The first issue will be a buying guide and what to expect for what money across the model range. We will then be getting into the nuts and bolts of it, comparing tuning, handling, brakes etc each month for the eight months. At the end of the feature we will be GIVING THE CAR AWAY! So hopefully this will whet your appetites!

I would be very grateful if members with the following models could PM me or get in touch with me at the office (01202 820800) to arrange the meeting with PFC and get some editorial underway.

172 Ph1 Black (Must be Black)
172 Ph2 Any Colour (Non-Cup)
172 Ph2 Cup
182 Any
182 Trophy

A note to Cliosport Area Reps and Admin:
We would like to mention Cliosport.net as part of the charm and allure of owning the Clio RS Models, if a member of the Admin etc would like to get involved in this project we would be more than happy to maximise the clubs exposure right through the series, please get in touch to discuss this.

Looking forward to your responses.

Sean.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Sounds very good! How many members are you after?

Well one for each of the requested models would be more than adequate and of course some Admin members if I can, i'm offering a free club shout so hope to hear from someone soon about that?

Sean

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
:< if you werent so far away i'd have brought the PH-1 down next week after it is finished in the paintshop :<

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Thanks for the PM's guys, keep em coming, i'll be getting on touch on Monday when i'm back in the office. I can't really offer any incentive to come down other than to get you and your car in the mag, we are looking for standard looking cars for the buying guide feature, but as we get into the mods we may like to have some modified ones featured too, but as yet this is to be confirmed.

A good weekend to you all!

Sean.

a thirsty one
same here pm sent yesterday, have spoken with photographer mentioned as well now who sounds keen if they wish to use his services again.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you're after any thoughts changing between the models, I've had
172 ph1
172 ph2 (x2)
182 cup
182 Trophy

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi guys!

Thanks for your PM's I will be trying to sort out who has what from them in a bit, I could do with some contact numbers as well, it's easier for me to get in touch that way. Mondays are always a little manic here, so to those who have been in touch, I will return the favour I promise.

Sean.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi Guys,

Just to keep you updated, the car we are using, as you suspected is black and is having some bodywork done at the local bodyshop to us, if the car is ready we will show it, but we have already stripped it for paint, so we see no point in rebuilding it to strip it again, so I was going to stick our plates on another Black Ph1 as a get out of jail free card!

I'm hoping to be able to get everyone together for 18/10/08 (Sat) along with the guys from PFC, those who have PM'd please let me know if this date is no good. I will ensure a good time is had by all and will be some great coverage for the club too.

More info soon

Sean.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Ok, I have just got off the phone with PFC, the days possible are as follows:

17th October (Fri)

OR

18th October (Sat)

I reckon the Saturday will be the easiest for all, although it's not my Saturday on at the office!:( But nevermind eh! :) But it should be fun, I am hoping to get some timewarp shots, phase 1 through to Trophy all in the same frame, nice!

So to ease the organisation can you put your usernames next to the models below, then I can look back through the PM's I received and get people confirmed for the day, thanks guys.

Phase 1 (Black) Russ_16v but we may need backup here! HELP!

Phase 1 (Non- Black):

Phase 2 FF:

Phase 2 Cup:

182 FF (Non-Cupped):

182 Cup:

Trophy:

Thank you, I will be calling / emailing everyone who's responded tomorrow with more details and a little bonus for yee! :)

As an extra bonus we have done a deal with PFC for Cliosport members, £30.00 for 12 issues! This will cover the 8 month build including this issue and the give away of the car! £2.50 a month for full on 172/182 info! Bargain non?

SchwepTek™
I'm your RB 182 cup ;)

Phase 1 (Non- Black):

Phase 2 FF:

Phase 2 Cup:

182 FF (Non-Cupped):

182 Cup: Schweppy

Trophy:

I'll add me own section lol. Up to you whether you use the car, but I'll come along.

Phase 1 (Non- Black):

Phase 2 FF:

Phase 2 Cup:

182 FF (Non-Cupped):

182 FF (Cupped): xzibit

Trophy:

Cayman S Edition 1
I'll be your Trophy. Sat should be fine for me!

Phase 1 (Non- Black):

Phase 2 FF:

Phase 2 Cup:

182 FF (Non-Cupped):

182 FF (Cupped): xzibit

Trophy: Jay197