ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

performance upgrade suggestions for 1.6?

clio 1.6 16v
iv got a 1.6 16v and i want to do some performance upgrades, iv got around 700 quid to spend atm, i know it isnt that much but wondered if anyone had any suggestions on what to do to get the best results from that kind of money, obviously im looking at doing things in the future but not sure where to start. the engine is currently bog standard. any ideas??

182 trackday racer
Im gonna be very boring and say save your money! Have both a 1,6 16v and a 182 sport and the differance is so huge that I say save the money and buy a 172/182.

If I would do anything with the 1,6 it would be things to make the car drive in a smother way:

RS tuner - Generic map, to get rid of that terrible low idle, cant drive the car propperly because of that sh*t.

Remove the crapy inlet damper and replace it with some tubing

Powerflex lower dogbone bushes - the car is jumpy as crap because of excessive play in these busings.

Maybe an engine undercover from a 172/182 to keep dirt and other crap out of the engine compartment.

Done!