ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Period problem for my Clio

Clio 182
Hi guy's, so Yesterday around dinner time I started the car up and it started straight away with no problem's, I headed out and did around 40/50 miles journey. I parked it back up for the day and at 2am this morning I needed to dash out so I got in the car and it had strange issue's. As I turned the key it would not start.

I changed fuses
I checked wiring in the engine and checked fuses.
I did a fault reading check on dash that was fine.
I checked the key fob that was fine.
I was observing the red immobiliser light on dash, that went off after I turned the key to second position.

So I ended up leaving the car until just now and its fired straight up?

What could of been the problem?

Strange or what?.

Thanks guy's.

Clio 182
You know when you have the problem where the immob does not even attempt to start the car, It was like that.

172 Rep
Had the same problem with my car a while back, just cleaned the spade connector on the starter motor and its been fine ever since :/ but mines only a 1.2...

RB 182 FF
Mines does this, I think it's the crank shaft sensor on top of the gear box....... It's intermittent with mine, after a few attempts and a little wait it tends to start...... Renault's eh! :)

Clio 182
Okay so I've just gone togo back OUT and guess what?! OIL has some how gone everywhere! I'm absolutely fed up of cars!

Clio 182
clio.jpg

Mec 350 slk manual
That don't look to good don't try to start it jack it up start looking with a torch with that much oil

Clio 182
Its coming from just below the oil filter its gone into the fan and radiator, also with having the tray under the car it looks like its spilling from the sump plug opening if you get me. Car turns over fine no idea where exactly where its coming from

RB clio 182
It has to be a loose filter and sump plug if you had it done less than a week ago.

Shouldn't worry too much. Its probably something extremely simple to fix.

Good luck mate !

Clio 182
Just had a really good look, the seal that goes inside the oil filter is hanging out, also on the right of the filter it has a gap the thickness of a 1 pence.

Clio 182
Luckily its my cousin's old car he had the Supercharged stealth clio on here running 330+bhp? He is going to fetch me another filter and some more oil tonight

C1 VTR (Company Car)
The not starting thing to begin with sounds like what I had. Mine was a new TDC sensor. Sorted it instantly.