ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Perks of the job

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
I have my Super Seven in for a repair atm. I zero'ed the odometer before dropping it off, and agreed with the foreman that they would call me before an eventual test drive. if i find the they have put any milage on it without calling me and without reason, iam going balistic. That is just my opinion, and afterall that car is MY pride and joy.

leon cupra R
In my understanding if ANY car has been taken to a repair/garage for work to be done, when that work is done that car belongs to the repair/garage untill you pay the money for the work carried out.

Still i think its wrong to take customers cars out regardless, id be pissed if i knew and it were my car.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I think it's more the principal that people are getting riled up about. If you entrust your car into the care of a bodyshop/workshop then you don't expect their employees to be taking it out for a joyride.

If there is a valid reason to road test a vehicle that's one thing, this is usually carried out by a senoir tech or a workshop foreman not any old apprentice or helmet working there. Alot of places take a very dim view of that sort of thing going on and it would result in a disciplinary for misconduct.

If the owner or someone they know spotted it out on the road being thrashed by one of the staff it's going to result in alot of awkward questions.
In a quick car, I do... All work done on the car will be road tested to make sure its done right. If you've got a drivers car and (not being picky here) its a younger lad doing the work he's gonna put his boot down on the road test. Aslong as they dont use much fuel or do any stupid amount of miles then go nuts, just dont tell me how fast you were going in it...