ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

permanent marker on alcantra

Hiya everyone, anyone got a solution as to how to get black permanent marker off both my leather and alcantra please? Leaked in my back pocket, was gutted when i seen it, any ideas? Cheers Chris.

R35 GTR
acetone might do it, but I would test it on a hidden area first, as it may damage the fabric.

we used this on glass in labs, it eats through polystyrene, but it evaporates so leaves no residue. But be careful.lol.

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Ouch dont sound healthy.

The leather my clean off with some Megauirs all purpose cleaner or leather cleaner, you could even maybe try Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remover.

The Alcantara though, that will be the biatch.

http://www.alcantara.com/

Cleaning guide PDF on here.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Fuckin hell that sounds horrible!! Bet you're still washing it off your arse aswel!

Doesn't sound easy to sort out. From my experiences with permanent marker, it's pretty permanent! Might be worth looking round the local scrappies to see how much a new seat is!

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
Carplan Stain Valet is pretty good that might remove it, as above though test it on an unseen area first see if it affects the fabric

106 GTi
The problem here is Alacantara is akin to Suede, ie there is fook all you can safely put on it! have a look at the cleaning instructions on there site before you try anything.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
You could try diluted vinegar as this'll take it outta leather but realistically if you came to us with that we would be saying "New Panel"
Alacantara is lovely to touch but a knightmare if you mark it with anything..Once its marked..you're stuck with it..Sorry..
Ffion
Gibson&Boyne Trimming

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
This might sound daft but i'm sure i remember something about white bread from one of those tips programmes on bbc2..

rub the stain with some bread, not the crust...................

Renault 5 GT Turbo
In the interest of science I have just put some marker pen on a piece of blue alacantara and rubbed it with bread as mentioned above and it didnt come off..Can't fault me for trying..

Ffion
G&B

Cheers for all the replies lads, will try them out. Guess i'll just have to carry my marker in my front pocket from now on. I should have a cover on there anyway from dirty work pants, lol. Cheers all, Chris.