ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Personal hotspot vs. 3g?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Is there any benefit to getting an ipad2 3G over just using personal hotspot on an iPhone to connect through instead?

Do you need to inform O2 if you're using personal hotspot? Its not going to be regular use just occassional so wouldn't think the data usage would be high or anything.

172 Cup
I actually use the personal hotspot on my iPhone 4 more than I use the 3G on the iPad.
The iPhone is with Three so has unlimited data and faster download speeds so it's a bit of a no-brainer.

I can't see it being a problem with O2 if it's for occasional use.

BMW F21 125d
I had the same thoughts and bought the wifi only and get 3G through my phone on hotspot. I get 500Mb Internet included on my tariff and it's never been an issue. Oh, I'm with Orange btw.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I chose to go Wi-Fi only on mine as personal hotspot works so well and I get 1gb of data so should cover what I need if not I'll just increase my data allowance on my iPhone contract and should still work out cheaper than the extra £100 for a 3G version and a data tariff for it.